Florence Super Saver: Florence Walking Tour Plus Tuscan Cooking Class With Dinner
OverviewDo not miss this One Day Combo tour: in the morning you will discover the city of Florence with a complete guided walking tour and in the afternoon you will enjoy a fun cooking class where you will learn how to prepare a typical Tuscan meal and, of course, you will dine with all the dishes you prepared with your friends in a fun atmosphere.
- Special Offer
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Best of Renaissance and Medieval Florence Walking Tour, starting at 09:30am
This stimulating, thoroughly comprehensive, guided walking tour starts from the famous San Lorenzo Central market area, teeming with workshops and brightly decorative stalls, which surround theMedici Chapelsand theBasilica of San Lorenzo- the church of the Medici family where we visit the elegant cloister, designed by Brunelleschi, the architect of the famous Dome: a green oasis of peace in the heart of the Medici district.
Shortly afterwards we turn into Piazza del Duomo, where the triumphant bulk of theCathedralgreets our eyes with itsDome by Brunelleschi, theBell Tower by Giottoand theBaptistery of St. Johnwith itsGates of Paradise.
We thread through themedieval quarterswhereDante Alighieriand Beatrice Portinari lived, until we come to the road covering the old Roman eastern wall and look up at theBargello Palace.
Turning westwards, we enterPiazza della Signoria, a great open-air museum, dominated by the imposingPalazzo Vecchio. Next to it is theUffizi Gallery, one of the most important museums in the world.
We then proceed to the picturesqueStraw Marketto see the famous Porcellino (Little Wild Boar) Fountain. We then walk down the street that leads to thePonte Vecchio(Old Bridge), where to be dazzled by the gold and jewels sold in its little medieval shops and where we can admire theVasari Corridorfrom outside and enjoy a comprehensive explanation of its history. After be delighted by the lovely views up and down river, on the south bank, we walk along Via Guicciardini until we emerge into the sloping square that leads up to the enormousPitti Palacewith its six museums, where our tour ends.
Tuscan Cooking Class with Dinner in a old Palace in the Heart of Florence, starting at 5:15pm
This is aSmall groupcourse for food lovers that is held in an old palazzo in the city centre. This is how one can find out about Tuscan and Florentine culture by being taught some of its celebrated food & wine traditions. On this course you can learn to cook aclassic Tuscan meal.
In atop class cookery schoolyou will be able to make a four-course meal (starter, first course, second course and dessert) under the expert guidance of amultilingual chef. The course will be followed bydinner with the dishes you have prepared, accompanied by a goodTuscan wineand afun and friendly atmosphere.
Inclusions for Florence Super Saver: Florence Walking Tour Plus Tuscan Cooking Class With Dinner
- First Tour:
- 2.5-hour guided walking tour
- Earphones for minimum 15 participants
- Second Tour:
- Cooking class
Exclusions for Florence Super Saver: Florence Walking Tour Plus Tuscan Cooking Class With Dinner
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 8 years old not admitted
The Walking Tour Guide service may be provided in two languages
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence