Florence Walking Tour
OverviewGet to know Florences history and sights on a 2.5-hour morning walking tour of the city! With an expert local guide, discover the neighborhood of San Lorenzo and learn about the powerful Medici family who ruled the city during the Renaissance era. See the famous Medici Chapels and the Basilica of San Lorenzo, and visit the exterior of Florence Duomo. Finish by exploring the medieval quarter of the city, seeing Piazza della Signoria, the Ponte Vecchio and more!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Piazza della Stazione in central Florence, and then set off on your 2.5-hour walking tour of the town. Head through the San Lorenzo neighborhood, an area known for its colorful markets and artist workshops. As you walk, listen to snippets of history and stories about the Tuscan capital.
Florences heyday is widely recognized as the Renaissance era when the notorious Medici dynasty ruled the roost. Being lovers of fine art as well as powerful and prosperous people, the Medici family nurtured some of the most eminent Italian artists, who left their artistic legacy firmly stamped on the city.
Wander past the Medici Chapels that were designed by Renaissance artists Michelangelo and Matteo Nigetti, and then gaze in admiration at the colossal Basilica of San Lorenzo, where prominent members of the Medici family are buried.
Continue to Florence Duomo, topped by the distinctive Brunelleschi's Dome. Learn about the cathedral while you walk around it, then visit Giottos Bell Tower and see Florence Baptistry.
Stroll through the citys medieval center to Palazzo del Bargello, an imposing-looking art gallery that once was a prison, and then explore Piazza della Signoria Florences busy central square. Admire the array of sculptures strewn about the piazza, such as the Rape of the Sabine Women by Giambologna, an impressive statue outside the Uffizi Gallery.
Pass Palazzo Vecchio, the city hall, and continue past the New Market (Mercato Nuovo) to see Il Porcellino, the citys much-loved bronze piglet statue. Stop to rub the statues nose for luck, and then wander back toward the river, cross the magnificent Ponte Vecchio, and finish your tour by Pitti Palace.
Click on the 'View Additional Info' button below to see the location of the start point.
Inclusions for Florence Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Florence Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Florence Duomo
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Florence Duomo is subject to closure during national holidays
Comfortable shoes are suggested
The Guide service could be provided in two languages
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Private Tour: Chianti Region Wine Tasting
- Private Departure Transfer: Florence Train Station
- Experience Florence: Tuscan Dinner in a Florentine Home
- Skip the Line Hard Rock Cafe Florence
- Florence Day Trip to Chianti and San Gimignano
- San Gimignano and Volterra Tour by Private Luxury Van
- Private Transfer: Florence to Venice with Stop in Bologna