Florence With A View! - The Hills Of Florence: Minivan Grand Panoramic City Tour
OverviewTour Length: from 3 to 4 hours. Dates: Every season. Departure Point: Meet your driver guide directly in Piazza Santa Maria Novella in front of the Minerva Hotel. Welcome sign on board Under The Tuscan Sun Tours Departure Time (choose one) : 08:00 am - 09:00 am - 10:00 am -11:00 am -12:00 am - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 06:00 pm Days of Week: Everiday Note: There is no better way to see Florence than on this hop-on and hop-off mini-bus. This tour is offered by a Licensed Tour Guide & Driver, specialized in Art History. Comfortable 7-8 seat cabs, licensed English speaking driver-guide, pick-up, access guaranteed in the historical centre, drop-off. Destinations: San Miniato a Monte - Piazzale Michelangelo - Galileo Villa - Pian dei Giullari - Fiesole - Bellosguardo - Popularity: ***** The best seller panoramic experience since 1990.
Know More about this tourFlorence with a View!
Visit the hills surrounding Florence, beloved of the Florentine aristocracy as well as artists and writers of international fame. Travel via minivan to enjoy the serenity of the countryside just minutes from the historical city center. We start at San Miniato a Monte. We'll visit San Miniato al Monte, the most beautiful church in Florence, sitting on the Florentine hills and you can enjoy the magnificent view of Florence (a view that will take your breath). You will see the house where he died Galileo Galilei and admire Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo (the most beautiful panoramic terrace on Florence) and Fiesole (the Etruscan town). Piazzale Michelangelo from where you will find not only stunning views of the city but you will see some of the hills crowned by the historic towns we will visit. As we move outside the citys confines, breathtaking landscapes which include ancient churches, picturesque olive groves and rolling vineyards unfold before you. See the grand summer estates of the powerful families of Florence with their sumptuous gardens where many artists and writers have also stayed and found inspiration for their masterworks over the centuries.
The first evidence of the existence of the villa date back to the fourteenth century, but only acquired its current name in 1525.
In 1633, after the abjuration and the conviction by the Court of the Holy Office for the support given to the heliocentric theory, and declared the work "Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems," Galilei gets to be allowed to serve house arrest villa in the Florentine hills where it is strictly forbidden to pursue his astronomical studies and to meet people with whom you can discuss them. A villa "Il Gioiello" Galilei live the painful loss of her daughter Sister Maria Celeste, and the onset of eye disease that will take him in a short time, in 1638, to complete blindness, until his death on January 8, 1642. Fiesole on a famously scenic height above Florence. Fiesole was founded in the 8th century BC, as it was an important member of the Etruscan confederacy, as may be seen from the remains of its ancient walls.
Main sights in Fiesole: Remnants of Etruscan walls. Roman baths. Roman theatre. Palazzo Comunale (Town Hall) of the 14th century. The cathedral of Fiesole (Il Duomo), containing the shrine of St. Romulus, also the shrine of St. Donatus of Fiesole. The Badia or ancient cathedral of St. Romulus, built in 1028 by Bishop Jacopo Bavaro; it contains notable sculptures by Mino da Fiesole. The church of S. Alessandro, with the shrine of St. Alexander, bishop and martyr.
Famous residents in Fiesole: The greatest name associated with the city is that of Fra Angelico or Blessed Giovanni Angelico, called da Fiesole (13871455). Frank Lloyd Wright for some time in 1910.
Inclusions for Florence With A View! - The Hills Of Florence: Minivan Grand Panoramic City Tour
- Transportation service with Driver Guide
- Pick up in Santya Maria Novella Square
- Return to Florence city center
Exclusions for Florence With A View! - The Hills Of Florence: Minivan Grand Panoramic City Tour
- Entrance tickets
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Florence: 18 to 35s
- Tuscan Walk and Hunt for Truffles
- Florence Bike Rental
- Half-day Wine Tasting Trip to Chianti with Guide from Florence
- Florence Antiquarian Houses Private Art Tour
- Private Tour: Archaeological Museum of Florence
- Medici Chapels Private Tour