Florence Wonders Walking Tour With Accademia And Uffizi Guided Visits
OverviewIn just one day you can admire the highlights of Florences old town along with the must-see art masterpieces of all time held in the greatest Museums of the city.
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourAccademia Gallery: total immersion in the art of Michelangelo to know his most renowned work, the David and other important works of art such as "I Prigioni" and "San Matteo" and the Palestrina Piet. The young Michelangelo carved the David from a huge block of rough marble in three years, creating an imposing sculpture of absolute beauty, an icon of the renaissance model. He depicted a magnificent nude young man at the height of his physical vigor, whose intense expression of strength and courage, which originated from an absolute faith in God, roses as a symbol of power and invincibility of the Florentine Republic at the time of its maximum splendor.
Walking Tour: The appointment with your guide is at the splendid gothic Loggia del Bigallo overlooking PiazzaDuomo. From hereyou will be able to admirethe Cathedral with its incredible Brunelleschi's Dome, theBaptisterywith the famous Gates of Paradiseand the elegant Giotto's Bell tower. The walk continues along lively Via Calzaioli in the heart of the city, where you can admire the imposing and singularOrsanmichele Church, a masterpiece of Florentine gothic art. Then we reach the bustling Mercato della Paglia (Straw Market): dont forget to rub the nose of the famous Porcellino (pig) and toss a coin into the fountain to bring you good luck! Continuing on, you can admire the romantic, picturesque PonteVecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, with its renowned jewellery shops. Finally we arrive in Piazza Signoria, one of the most beautiful squaresin the world and the political centre of the city. In this true outdoor museum, youll be amazed as you admire the beautiful Fountain of Neptuneand then, looking around, the sculptural masterpieces of the Loggia dei Lanzi, including the Cellinis Perseus and the Gianbolognas Rape of the Sabines. Dominating all this is the majestic Palazzo Vecchio with its crenellated Arnolfo's Tower, one of the most famous symbols of Florence that you will be able to admire in all its magnificence.
Uffizi Gallery: here you can admire numerous works of art by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Raffaello, Giotto, Cimabue, Masaccio and many others. Among the precious exhibition halls of the Gallery, the most renowned one contains the refined works by Botticelli the "Primavera" and the "Birth of Venus". The latter painting, icon of the museum, represents the allegory of the birth of the goddess emerging from the sea ideal of beauty as an expression of purity and spiritual quality, typical of the Renaissance Neoplatonic aesthetics.
Please note: the order of the visits follows the selected Tour option
Inclusions for Florence Wonders Walking Tour With Accademia And Uffizi Guided Visits
- English speaking Guide
- Entrance fee with booking
- Earphones for a minimum of 15 people at the Museum
- Lunch (if option selected)
Exclusions for Florence Wonders Walking Tour With Accademia And Uffizi Guided Visits
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (if option selected) for kids younger than 7
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
During periods of increased inflow of visitors, despite our reservations, the admission to the museums may be subject to delays, mainly due to security reasons for which the access to the museum is regulated according to the number of people inside it
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Overview of Florence Walking Tour
- Small-Group Palazzo Vecchio Secret Passages Tour with Lunch
- Vespa Tour of Fiesole and Mugello from Florence Including Wine and Espresso Tasting
- Private Tour: Florence Walking Tour
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence