Florence Wonders Walking Tour With Uffizi Gallery
OverviewDiscover the touching beauty of Venus by Botticelli and the not-to-be-missed monuments in the heart of Florence (Duomo,Ponte Vecchio, Piazza Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio) led by a passionate and professional Guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
The appointment with your guide is at the splendid gothic Loggia del Bigallo overlooking PiazzaDuomo. From hereyou will be able to admirethe Cathedral with its incredible Brunelleschi's Dome, theBaptisterywith the famous Gates of Paradiseand the elegant Giotto's Bell tower. The walk continues along lively Via Calzaioli in the heart of the city, where you can admire the imposing and singularOrsanmichele Church, a masterpiece of Florentine gothic art. Then we reach the bustling Mercato dellaPaglia (Straw Market): dont forget to rub the nose of the famous Porcellino (pig) and toss a coin into the fountain to bring you good luck! Continuing on, you can admire the romantic, picturesque Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, with its renowned jewellery shops.
Finally we arrive in Piazza Signoria, one of the most beautiful squares in the world and the political centre of the city. In this true outdoor museum, youll be amazed as you admire the beautiful Fountain of Neptuneand then, looking around, the sculptural masterpieces of the Loggia dei Lanzi, including the Cellinis Perseus and the Gianbolognas Rape of the Sabines. Dominating all this is the majestic Palazzo Vecchio with its crenellated Arnolfo's Tower, one of the most famous symbols of Florence that you will be able to admire in all its magnificence.
The wonderful prospective of the open gallery of Palazzodegli Uffizi opens onto the square. Here you can admire numerous works of art by Botticelli, Michelangelo,Leonardo da Vinci, Raffaello, Giotto, Cimabue, Masaccio and many others. Among the precious exhibition halls of the Gallery, the mostrenowned one contains the refined works by Botticelli the "Primavera" and the "Birth of Venus". Thelatter painting, icon of the museum, represents the allegory of the birth of the goddess emerging from the seaideal of beauty as an expression of purity and spiritual quality, typical of the Renaissance Neoplatonic aesthetics.
Inclusions for Florence Wonders Walking Tour With Uffizi Gallery
- Walking Tour
- English speaking Guide
- Entrance fee with booking
- Earphones for a minimum of 15 people at the Museum
Exclusions for Florence Wonders Walking Tour With Uffizi Gallery
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Walking Tour: from 02:45 pm to 04:15 pm
Uffizi Gallery: from 04:30pm to 06:00pm
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence
- Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class in the Chianti Countryside
- Private Tour: Perugia and Assisi Day Trip from Florence
- Vintage Fiat 500 Panoramic Tour of Florence from Pisa
- Welcome to Florence Guided Walking Tour