Food Sampling: French Foods With A French Foodie - Paris
OverviewTerrine and smoked hams from Auvergne, and roast provencal poultry. Normandie brie and chèvre, paired with award-winning baguette. Seasonal fruit from Nice or Marseille. And macaron, chouquette and fruit tart. Join a French foodie to sample foods you know and you don't know, both traditional and new. And learn about French food from a Frenchman. This tour also welcomes vegetarians and gluten-free diets. Menu will vary to take advantage of every season.
Know More about this tour
We are running this tour in English for the first time.
The tour takes place in the "village of Montmartre", the belly button of gourmet food these days. We meet outside Moulin Rouge.
We offer a morning tour at 10.00am on Thursdays, and an afternoon tour at 4:30pm on Saturdays.
We make many stops: a specialty store from Auvergne, butcher, a rotisseur, a cheesemonger, a fishmonger, and bakers and pastry chefs. At each stop, we sample some foods. We get to chat with the owners. We also buy the foods we like for our sit-down meal. We eat at an authentic local caf, rubbing elbows with locals.
Then there's the stories and the context that your French guide keeps on feeding you: why is this cheese this way? what keeps French fruit so tasty? etc.
Our tour eventually comes to an end at the foot of Sacr Coeur. Montmartre is such a must-see, our guide makes sure we don't miss out on Moulin Rouge, Amlie's caf, cabaret life, Van Gogh's first home, Renoir's windmill etc.
Our food sampling patronizes family-run shops that support healthy eating and small farmers.
We welcome vegetarian and gluten-free diets. When it comes to French foods, there's always a fabulous vegetarian dish to be found at the smoked ham store, and a gluten-free pastry at the patisserie shop.
Inclusions for Food Sampling: French Foods With A French Foodie
- Food tasting
- Sit-down meal
- 2.5 hours of guiding by a French foodie
- Small groups of 10 or less
- Vegetarian and Gluten-Free foods on request
Exclusions for Food Sampling: French Foods With A French Foodie
- Additional foods or drinks and souvenirs you may choose to buyHotel pick-up or drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian and gluten-free diets are welcome, simply advise your guide at the start of the tour. Careful that this tour is lacto-vegetarian.
Tour includes some walking. Because of one hilly street and cobblestones, wheelchairs are not advised.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour by Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Luxury Evening Experience at Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Eiffel Tower Tour with Hotel Transfer
- Green Paris - Ecological Visit
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Summit Entrance Ticket and Evening Illuminations Cruise in Paris