Food Tour Of Florence
OverviewThis exclusive food tour will take you to discover the authentic flavors of the Florentine cuisine: from bruschetta, crostini, prosciutto and cheeses, to ribollita and pappa al pomodoro, until getting to a delicious Italian coffee and gelato. You will enjoy a perfect combination of a private sightseeing guided tour and authentic local food tasting.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThis food tour of Florence will give you the opportunity to discover the typical flavors that characterize the Florentine and Tuscan cuisine: with our professional guide, you will explore the most picturesque market, you will learn about our organic and seasonal food and wine.
This private food tour will start in the morning, when you will have the opportunity to taste an authentic Italian espresso in a luxury and typical bar in the centre of Florence: it's the only one way to start our day and our tour together.
Then, the tour will take you to the discovery of a Florentine Bakery: a very special place where you will learn all secrets to made a very good bread, focaccia, cantucci and ricciarelli.
Then there will be a stop at the Central Market of San Lorenzo, a charming place beloved by tourists and locals; here you can find the most genuine and fresh products, while the atmosphere will fascinate you with its uniqueness. There you will also stop in a winery, where you will discover all about Chianti: its story, colors, perfumes, tastes, grapes and so on. The exclusive world of wine is waiting for you with glasses of wine accompanied by a selection of Tuscan cheeses and prosciutto.
The food tour will continue along the streets and alleys of Florence, while your guide will tell you stories and interesting facts about the city, Medici family and its traditions, particularly those about delights. It include also a stop to enjoin the famous Ribollita, a Tuscan soup with bread and vegetables.Some sources date it back to the Middle Ages, when the servants gathered up food-soaked bread trenchers from feudal lords' banquets and boiled them for their own dinners.
This gastronomic tour will end with a gelato: the best way to conclude this amazing private tour of the culinary traditions of Florence.
Inclusions for Food Tour Of Florence
- Food tasting
- Meals as per itinerary
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Private small-group tour
Exclusions for Food Tour Of Florence
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Florence Accademia and Uffizi Gallery Tour
- Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour of Florence
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast