11.45 Meet at Grande Hotel do Porto for a coffee and Pastel de Nata
12.00 We head out onto the famous Rua de Santa Catarina to commence our walking tour taking in our surroundings as we pass monuments, buildings, squares and beautiful churches.
- You will view the famous Douro River and the Port Wine caves from the very top of the Dom Luis I bridge for your perfect photo opportunities.
- Wine tasting is next on the agenda, sampling a red and a white from the Douro region
- Lunch consists of the Northern Portuguese 'Leitao' (suckling pig) sandwich served with crisps and a sparkling wine.
- We pass through the city market to a chocolatier and get to sample these incredible artisan sweets
- The tour finishes at a family run cafe with a traditional pastry and a port wine
17.45 Meet at the newly refurbished Infante Sagres Hotel for a port wine
18.00 Explore the stunning buildings, squares, monuments and landmarks as we head towards the famous Clerigos Tower.
- From there we proceed towards our first incredible vantage point of the Douro River towards the Atlantic ocean
- Dinner consists of traditional Bacalhau (Cod fish) at a social enterprise roof top restaurant, served with local wine
- The next panoramic view of the river looks towards the Dom Luis I bridge for more photo opportunities
- Olive oil tasting is one of the more unusual highlights of my tours; you'll be surprised to learn so much about olives!
- Ribeira (River) is our next stop, passing by the quaint fish restaurants on the quay side
- We say goodbye at the hotel with the best view in Porto with a coffee and Pastel de Nata next to the Douro River
Both tours take around 3 - 3.5 hours and may vary slightly depending on which day of the week you book