OverviewStep through a unique and fascinating tour of two of London’s greatest social traditions – the football stadium and the great British pub.
- Free drinks included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Seasonal Offer
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide and fellow tour participants on the steps of St. Paul’s Cathedral. Then, enjoy a brief walk to your first stop, The Centre Page, one of London’s oldest surviving alehouses.
The Centre Page has gone by the past names of “The Horn Tavern,” “The Horn Coffee House,” and “The Bugell,” and is referenced in the 1663 diary of Samuel Pepys and the Charles Dickens literary classic, The Pickwick Papers. British-born Guy Fawkes was also known to frequent the pub, and was said to have conducted a meeting within its cellar walls.
Next, cross the Millennium Bridge and pass by the Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre as you walk to Anchor Bankside, a 17th-century pub situated on the banks of the Thames River. Shakespeare himself supposedly enjoyed a pint of ale or two within the walls of the Anchor, a place that has been used as a tavern, brewery, and ship’s chandler. It’s also played host to a wealth of other notable patrons including Dr. Samuel Johnson, another of England’s best-known literary figures.
The pub contains a room dedicated to The Clink Prison, a prison located nearby along the aptly named Clink Street. Pass it en route to your next stop, the Old Thameside Inn. You will also see the remains of the Palace of Winchester, one of the largest and most important buildings in medieval London.
History oozes from the great beams and ancient brickwork of the Old Thameside Inn, formerly an old spice warehouse. Once inside, enjoy three samples of local beer while learning about the brewing process and sitting in the midst of a a life-size replica of Sir Francis Drake’s famous ship, The Golden Hind. At the end of your tour feel free to stay on in the Old Thameside Inn and enjoy a wide selection of ales or quality pub food, all served with a generous measure of British hospitality.
If you’re heading back toward St Paul’s Cathedral by way of the London Bridge underground stop, don’t miss the views of Southwark Cathedral along with the wide-ranging stalls of Borough Market.
Inclusions for Football Stadium And Historic Pubs Tour Of London
- British beer sampling at The Old Thameside Inn
- Use of VOX personal headsets
Exclusions for Football Stadium And Historic Pubs Tour Of London
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a walking tour; we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes
Must be 18 years or older to drink alcohol
This tour is not suitable for those under 18-years-old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.