Forbidden City,Temple Of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace One Day Tour - Beijing
OverviewThis tour visits the top four, most revered attractions in Beijing. Traveling with your own personal, English speaking guide learn first-hand about the history and cultural significance of each site visited. Your tour starts with an early morning visit to The Temple of Heaven, where youll learn about the rituals undertaken by Chinese Emperors seeking good weather and harvests. Next youll visit Tiananmen Square and explore some of the halls that flank both sides of the square. From there youll enter The Forbidden City, the largest palace complex in the world and until recent history, off limits to all but a privileged few. The Summer Palace, and its exotic gardens is next. If the season permits, enjoy a boat trip on the lake to take in the vistas. Travel between sites in the comfort of your own air conditioned vehicle, a hassle free and perfect introduction to Beijings top cultural sites. This day trip includes a special treat, lunch at a local Peking Duck restaurant.
Know More about this tour
Be greeted by your guide in the lobby of your Beijing hotel at 8:30 am before driving to The Temple of Heaven, an excellent example of Ming architecture. In the past this was a place of prayer and ceremony, a place where Chinese Emperors came to pray for good harvests. Morning is an especially good time to visit the temple as it is at this time of day that one is likely to catch a glimpse of senior citizens exercising, so a rare glimpse into Beijings citizens life. After an hour or so walking around the site the tour moves onto Tiananmen Square.
Tiananmen Square at 440,000 sq. meters, the largest public square in the world, is a location that has witnessed some dramatic chapters of Chinese history. Stroll through the square and enjoy its size and its places of interest. Youll visit some of the halls that flank both the east and western sides of the Square, the Great Hall of the People, (Renmin Dahuitang), located at the western edge of the Square and used by the PRC for legislative and ceremonial activities, Chairman Mao's Mausoleum and Tiananmen Tower also known as The Gate of Heavenly Peace.
Your visit then takes you through the Meridian gate, the formal entrance to the Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage site, formally known as The Chinese Imperial Palace, where youll spend a couple hours exploring this impressive and historically important complex, the largest palace complex in the world. Over a period of 500 years 24 emperors lived and ruled from here, starting with the Ming dynasty and ending with the Qing.
After a couple of hours visiting The Forbidden City youll be taken to lunch to enjoy one of Beijings most famous dishes, Peking Duck. There arent many dishes that can claim a royal lineage going back more than 700 years. Peking Duck can. The restaurant itself is somewhat special, in that its a cosy, non-tourist Peking Roast Duck haunt.
After lunch travel to The Summer Palace situated in the Haidian District northwest of Beijing, the largest and most well-preserved royal park in China and spend a leisurely hour strolling through the beautiful grounds, enjoying such sites as the Seventeen-arch bridge, Longevity Hill and the Tower of Buddhist Incense to name a few. The construction of the Summer Palace commenced in 1750 and was built as a luxurious royal garden for royal families to rest and entertain. It became the main residence of royal family members towards the end of the Qing Dynasty.
On the way back to your Beijing hotel, theres a possible photographic opportunity to snap some of the main buildings, of the Olympic Village. If desired, your driver will make a brief stop on the bridge to the west of the Water Cube, considered one of the best locations for a photographic view.
Inclusions for Forbidden City,Temple Of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace One Day Tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to all listed destinations
- Boat ride in the Summer Palace (Apr.-Oct.)
- Lunch in a local Peking Duck restaurant
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Forbidden City,Temple Of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace One Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name and number is required for all participants at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved so please wear comfortable shoes
When accompanied by two paying adults a child 1.2m (47.3in) or under in height travels free.
If this is the case, when booking please select the option for two adults and specify the height of the child under "Special Requirements". This will ensure that your vehicle is appropriate for the size of your party.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Join-in Tour by Train
- Simata Great Wall one day tour with Lunch
- Beijing Private Car Airport Pickup with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station pick-up with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport return trip with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station return trip with English Speaking Driver