Forest Hills - Queens Walking Tour - New York City
OverviewForest Hills is the birthplace of a lot of talent -- Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, the Ramones, Billy Eichner, Carroll O'Connor, the fictional Spider-Man and more. It is also one of NYC's quietest and most charming neighborhoods, having been modeled after the garden communities of England. You will see gorgeous Tudor-style homes, the former home of the US Open tennis tournament, and an abandoned rail line many are working to transform into the next High Line.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourUpon arriving at its beautiful and historic train station, we will begin our journey through the Forest Hills Gardens, an exclusive community with few counterparts in the city. We will discuss the unusual history of the neighborhood, and see many sights on the National Register of Historic Places.
Planned on the model of the garden communities of England, on most days it feels like a place out of time.
It is such an exclusive community that it is one of the few NYC neighborhoods where only residents are allowed to park on the street.
It is also a neighborhood steeped in history. Its namesake park was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted Jr, whose father created Central Park, among other historical landscapes. Its gorgeous train station was once home to a rally by Theodore Roosevelt. Its famed West Side Tennis Club was once home to the US Open and housed concerts from stars like The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and The Who.
This walking tour is for those who love unique residential architecture and nature hidden in a large urban area.
Inclusions for Forest Hills - Queens Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Forest Hills - Queens Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.