Fort Kochi By Bike
OverviewRide your bike through the spice-scented streets of Kochi and admire the Portuguese influence on local art and architecture. Explore the Chinese fishing nets and witness the early-morning rush at the fish market. Take a walk through labyrinthine Jew Town and visit the Dutch Cemetery and soak in the beauty and history of the mosaics adorning the Dutch Palace.
- Cycle through the spice-scented streets of Kochi.
- Learn about the Portuguese influence on local art and architecture.
- Ride through the Chinese fishing nets and witness the early-morning rush at the fish market.
- Stroll through labyrinthine Jew Town.
- Visit the Dutch Cemetery and admire the mosaics adorning the Dutch Palace.
- Witness the traditional Indian laundry practice.
Know More about this tour
Kochi is a laid-back and vibrant city on the tropical Malabar Coast, and the best way to discover it is by bike! Join your local guide for this Kochi bike tour that will take in the colonial sights and local hotspots, and leave you completely smitten with the city. Start off from Fort Kochi heading over to the iconic Chinese fishing nets, and witnessing the early-morning buzz along the waterfront. Pass by the small fish market, a chaotic place in the morning trading rush, before heading into Kochi’s main bazaar. From here you will go take a truly historic ride into the spice traders area of Bazaar Road, where you will see old streets that are lined with fragrant spice warehouses and colourful stores. Breathe in the smell of ginger, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, and cloves while walking through this atmospheric area. We will stop for a tea or a coffee at a local tea shop and take a moment to talk about the history of Kochi. We will then proceed towards Jew Town where you can take a moment to admire the frescos adorning the Dutch Palace, and see some of the amazing antique shops in the area. We’ll peek inside to see one of the famous snake boats, before exploring more parts of Mattenchery (the Muslim area) and Palace Road (the Hindu area). In the Hindu area you will see a few temples, as well as vegetable and fruit markets. If you wish, we can stop for some refreshments here, a chance to really take in all the scenery around us. You will then get back on your bike to cycle back along Kochi's waterfront, heading towards the centre of town. Call into a local laundry to see how the dhobis beat the clothes clean before making the final peddle back towards the heart of Fort Kochi. Before ending this Kochi bike tour, we will go around some of the famous churches in the area, as well as visit the Dutch Cemetery. As the oldest European cemetery in India, the 104 tombs here provide great insight into the lives lead by the Dutch and English migrants in India.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Inclusions for Fort Kochi By Bike
- Local English speaking guide.
- Bicycle rental
- All entrance fees as indicated.
- Tea and snack break.
Exclusions for Fort Kochi By Bike
- Items of a personal nature.
- Tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.