OverviewTangy or creamy cheese? Smoked or cured meats? The choice is yours as you uncover foodie gems along Victoria’s Fort Street, aka Antique Row, during this 2-hour guided walking tour. In this pocket of the delightfully British city, stroll past Edwardian and Victorian buildings housing antique shops and chic eateries. Visit places with gluten-free tacos and French-style desserts, and sip on a unique tea tasting at a new tea station. On this small-group tour capped at 12 people, you’ll meet the owners of the places you visit, and gain a better sense of what's happening in the historic district.
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide on Fort Street, a 15-minute walk from the Inner Harbour, for your 2-hour foodie tour. In less than half a mile (1 km) of walking, you’ll visit seven local small businesses and taste more than 15 samples of local and diverse food. Learn about this historic and trendy district and meet chefs and business owners along the way.
The tour starts at Terroir Tea Salon for a unique tea tasting. You can’t come to Victoria and not try some tea! Here we sample 4 unique tea blends curated from around the world by Tea Master Charity Hobbs in her modern and zen-like tea shop. Guests receive 10% off their tea purchases made on the tour. We then head next door to cute & quirky Choux Choux Charcuterie for some cured meats, homemade pates, and international cheeses. This European-style deli has been operating for over 10 years on Fort Street and is a local favorite for picking up a picnic or dinner staples.
The tour then visits Tulip Café for a Piadina, an Italian street food sandwich. Megan and her family are from Iran and they infuse their international cuisine with Persian flavors. Nestled next to the iconic St. Andrew’s Cathedral, we take in the views of this monolithic church built in 1897. Next, we visit Yalla for some mind-blowing falafel, hummus, and shwarma. This casual Middle-Eastern hot spot is the passion project of two very well known local chefs responsible for some of the top eateries in Victoria. Next, we sample some authentic tacos inspired by Sindy’s grandmother from Guadalajara. Our next stop is a bit unconventional and combines a plant store with a foodie stop. They don’t call Victoria the city of gardens for nothing! We end the tour at one of the best bakeries in the city for some French-style pastries with an Australian twist that happens to be located next to the iconic Russell Books, one of the largest and most popular used booked stores in Canada.
Inclusions for Fort Street Food Walking Tour In Victoria
- Professional guide
- Food and drink tastings
Exclusions for Fort Street Food Walking Tour In Victoria
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
Please dress according to weather conditions
Please note: Vegetarian options are not available during this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Victoria To Cowichan Valley Wine Tour
- Victoria Full-Day Private Tour
- Craigdarroch Castle Pedicab Tour
- Zodiac Whale-Watching Adventure In Victoria
- Whale-Watching Cruise From Victoria To Vancouver
- Victoria To Vancouver Tour Including Butchart Gardens And Sunset Cruise
- Victoria Craft Brewery Tour
- Whale-Watching Cruise From Victoria And Butchart Gardens Admission
- Whale Watching Marine Wildlife Excursion From Victoria