OverviewCombine two tours to explore both Frankfurt and nearby Heidelberg in one day. Start with a half-day trip to Heidelberg to visit the impressive Heidelberg Castle ruins, Old Town and the Karl Theodor Bridge. Back in Frankfurt, enjoy a 2-hour sightseeing tour by double-decker bus to observe the citys many contrasts. Visit the Romer town hall and Frankfurt Cathedral, walk around the historic city center, marvel at the sleek buildings in Frankfurt's European banking center and much more.
- Excellent value for money
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourHeidelberg Half-Day Trip (9:30am - 3pm): Start your combo tour with a trip to Heidelberg in the morning. Board a luxury coach in central Frankfurt and travel approximately 50 miles (80 km) south to the lovely city of Heidelberg, often described as Germany's most beautiful city.
Heidelberg will greet you with its lovely Renaissance buildings framed by vibrant green hills lining the River Neckar. Perched above the city is Heidelberg Castle, which you’ll visit first. Seeing these famous castle ruins will undoubtedly be a highlight of your half-day trip!
Your guide will show you the evocative castle’s many styles of German architecture and its interesting artifacts, including the incredible wine barrel that is stored within the castle ruins. Reputedly the largest in the world, the Heidelberg wine barrel can hold more than 51 gallons (193 liters) of wine.
Enjoy panoramic views over Neckar Valley from the castle before descending into the city of Heidelberg for a walk around its medieval Old Town. Visit the notable Old Bridge (Karl Theodor Bridge), Church of the Holy Spirit and House of the Knights with its impressive Renaissance facade and small lanes with half-timbered houses.
Then, relax on the 1-hour drive back to Frankfurt for the second portion of your combo tour.
Frankfurt City Tour (4:30pm - 6:30pm): When you arrive back in Frankfurt, board a double-decker bus for a narrated sightseeing tour, which shows you the diversity of this historic yet modern metropolis.
First, visit to the Romer town hall. Built in the 15th century, the Romer is one of Frankfurt's most important historic buildings, once the site of celebrations during the elections and coronations of emperors.
Cruise through the modern European banking center, where you'll see the tall skyscrapers that dominate the city's skyline. See the European Central Bank/Eurotower, the Stock Exchange and Goethe House, the former home of 18th-century literary genius Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
Hop off the bus for a leisurely walk around the historic heart of the city. Your guide will point out the noteworthy architecture of St Paul's Church and Frankfurt Cathedral (Gotischer Kirchturm).
Back aboard the bus, visit the Hauptwache, a Baroque plaza surrounded by modern buildings. Pass the Zeil shopping center, see the Old Opera House, and view the big towers of the former city wall. Your tour ends at the original departure point in the evening.
Inclusions for Frankfurt Combo: Heidelberg Half-Day Trip And Frankfurt City Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Frankfurt Combo: Heidelberg Half-Day Trip And Frankfurt City Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour in Heidelberg is with a live guide, however you have the option to purchase personal earphones for additional explanations in different languages (approx. 5 euros)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Black Forest And Strasbourg Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Rhine Valley Trip From Frankfurt Including Rhine River Cruise
- Frankfurt City Tour
- Frankfurt Super Saver: City Highlights Tour Plus Rhine Valley Cruise And Wine Tasting
- Frankfurt City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Frankfurt Super Saver: Neuschwanstein Castle And Rothenburg Day Trip
- Frankfurt Sightseeing Cruise
- Heidelberg Half-Day Trip From Frankfurt
- Holiday Park Hassloch