Frankfurt Super Saver: Neuschwanstein Castle And Rothenburg Day Trip
OverviewVisit two of Germanys most famous attractions in one day with this Frankfurt Super Saver, combining two best-selling tours at a discounted price. First, venture into the Bavarian hills to visit Neuschwanstein Castle, a stunning fairy talelike palace that inspired Disneys Sleeping Beauty and this tour lets your group skip the entrance lines. Then head to Rothenburg ob der Tabuer for a walking tour around one of Germanys best-preserved medieval villages. Throughout this full-day tour, enjoy comfortable coach transport with a mix of walking tours and free time to explore at your leisure.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourNeuschwanstein Castle Tour: (7 hours)Board your coach in central Frankfurt in the morning and travel roughly 262 miles (422 km) south to the enchanting Bavarian town of Fssen, located at the southernmost tip of Germanys Romantic Road.
Fssen is home to one of Germanys star attractions: Neuschwanstein Castle. Perched on a rocky hill, this fairy tale palace rises steeply above the village of Hohenschwangau, dominating the surrounding plains and Alpine foothills. Youll understand immediately why Walt Disney used this royal castle as his inspiration for Sleeping Beauty.
Bypass the entrance lines and follow your guide on a narrated tour of the castles interior. Learn about Neuschwansteins creator, the shy and troubled King Ludwig II, who used the palace as his personal refuge during his turbulent reign. Neuschwanstein is by far the most distinctive of the kings three Bavarian castles, built in classic Neo-Gothic Revival style. Its grandeur is simply breathtaking.
After your tour, make the most of some free time to stroll around the gardens, shop for souvenirs, grab lunch (own expense) and take photos against the stunning backdrop of the Bavarian mountains. Then, relax on your coach journey to your next destination: Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
Rothenburg ob der Tauber Tour: (7 hours)Situated high above the Tauber River Valley on the Romantic Road is Rothenburg, widely considered as the best-preserved medieval town in Germany.
Take a walking tour along the cobbled lanes lined with picturesque half-timbered houses. See the imposing city gates, Renaissance-era Town Hall and the marketplace while learning about Rothenburgs history and architecture. Encircling the whole town is a walled fortification, still intact from hundreds of years ago.
At the end of the day, reconvene with your guide for your relaxing 2-hour journey back to Frankfurt.
Inclusions for Frankfurt Super Saver: Neuschwanstein Castle And Rothenburg Day Trip
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Admission to Neuschwanstein Castle
- Multilingual audio-guide at Neuschwanstein Castle
Exclusions for Frankfurt Super Saver: Neuschwanstein Castle And Rothenburg Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.