Franz Josef Wildlife Centre Admission With Backstage Pass Option - Franz Josef Glacier
OverviewVoted oneof the 12 must-see things to visit in New Zealand by Lonely Planet, the West Coast Wildlife Centre is the largest kiwi hatching facility in the South islandand the foremost indoor, all-weather attraction in Franz Josef. You are guaranteed to see live kiwi during the day inside our nocturnal house, including the world's rarest kiwis. Discover the interactive glacier attraction and West Coast storytelling areas or go behind the scenes on the Kiwi Backstage Pass Tour. Numbers are very limited on the 30-minute Backstage Pass Tour so advanced bookings are highly recommended. You'll also find thebest shopping in Franz Josef inside the all-weather facility and enjoy free Wi-Fi in the caf.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Based in Franz Josef and proudly NZ owned and operated, the West Coast Wildlife Centre is the largest kiwi hatching facility in the South Island. It's home to the world's tworarest kiwis: the Rowi and the Haast Tokoeka. The centre is a great example of a special public/private partnership with the Department of Conservation. The centre features an indoor and all-weather facility with free Wi-Fi where you can enjoy the best NZ shopping in Franz Josef or a delicious meal in the caf.
The centre is open every day from 8.30am. Please set aside at least 1 hour for your visit.
When you arrive, a guide can provide a 15-minute introductory talk and take small groupsthrough the attraction. The guides speak English, Chinese, French, and Spanish. A free takeaway learning booklet is provided at no extra charge. All tickets purchased are valid for 24 hours. This means that guests can come in and out of the attraction as many times as they like.
During your visit, you'll be able to see live kiwi during the day inside the nocturnal house, discover the interactive glacier attraction and storytelling areas/films.
You'll also have the option to go behind-the-scenes on the Backstage Pass Tour ratedhighly recommended by Lonely Planet where you cansee kiwi chicks and meet the friendly ranger team.
Inclusions for Franz Josef Wildlife Centre Admission With Backstage Pass Option
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Free car parking
Exclusions for Franz Josef Wildlife Centre Admission With Backstage Pass Option
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Main attraction is wheelchair friendly, but backstage pass tour is not wheelchair accessible
Photography is restricted inside the kiwi nocturnal house but available on the kiwi backstage pass tour
Proof of age require if purchasing a senior ticket (over 65 years of age)
Cafe with food and coffee available to purchase. All major credit cards accepted
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.