Frascati Vineyards And Castel Gandolfo Bike Trip From Rome
OverviewRide a bike tomedieval wine-producing villageslocated south of Rome. This 6-hour excursion takes you through a lovelylandscape overlooking volcanic lakes. Visitthehill towns of Castel Gandolfo and Frascati, famous for their wines and local cuisine. Your guide offersan authentic experience of Italian culture and stops at an 'osteria' for a taste ofinternationally acclaimed white wine.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourMeetat thebike shop, whereyour guide willset up your bike to match your riding style; hybrids or road bikes are the best option for this full-day tour, which coversroughly 37 miles (60 km) round-trip withasmall group limited to10 people.
Leaving Rome behind, you'll head outalong the Appia Nuova, a fairly busy road, which takesyouto the foothills of the Alban Hills. The climb up to the top of the crater overlooking Lake Albanofrom the town of Castel Gandolfo is steady and regular, withoutsteep sections. Upon reachingthe top,continue onto acafe situated in the main piazza overlooking the town square and lake. Takea momentto catch your breath and sipa cappuccino while surrounded by the Pontifical Palace and Church.
Cycling around part of the lake takes you up to an excellent viewpoint overlooking the town. On your way downhill, you'll catch glimpses of the lake below. Pass byMarino, another city knownfor its wine and fizzy water, as it issituated alongthe volcano. You'llarrive at your destination inFrascati, amedieval towns with villas built by popes, cardinals, and Roman nobility.
Make a stop at a historical osteria, famous for its long-running wine-making heritage. You'llsample some of the best white wine produced from grapes grown of the slopes surrounding the town, accompanied by fruit and bread or snacks, before heading back to Rome.
Inclusions for Frascati Vineyards And Castel Gandolfo Bike Trip From Rome
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle and helmet
Exclusions for Frascati Vineyards And Castel Gandolfo Bike Trip From Rome
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Participants must be physically fit and able to bicycle more than 37 miles (60 km).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience