- Explore the French Market while your guide shares stories about New Orleans' oldest neighborhood.
Know More about this tourLet your own ‘local expert’ unravel the mysteries of one of America’s oldest and most unique living neighborhoods!
Follow in the footsteps of historic figures as you stroll along the Mighty Mississippi, through the French Market and Jackson Square, and down the banquettes (sidewalks) of quaint streets named for saints and sinners from our European past.
Learn about the Creoles on this tour through the original city, founded in 1718 by French explorer Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne, Sieur de Bienville.
See the old Quarter come to life as your guide explains its secrets and helps you understand all it has to offer - architecture, courtyards, gardens, food, music, and art.
Visit Madame John’s Legacy, built in 1788 and one of the best examples of French colonial architecture in North America. We’ll take a break at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, built between 1722 and 1732 and reputed to be the oldest structure used as a bar in the United States. The property is believed to have been used by the Lafitte Brothers, Jean and Pierre, as a New Orleans base for their Barataria smuggling operation.
Your tour ends at the Cabildo, built under Spanish rule in 1795-1799, and the site of the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. Featuring a comprehensive exhibit on Louisiana's early history, the Cabildo served as a city hall, a courthouse and a prison. It was the headquarters of the Louisiana State Supreme Court for the landmark Plessy vs. Ferguson decision.
One of the most legendary artifacts on display here is the death mask of the French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. Some of his former officers schemed to rescue him from exile on the island of St. Helena and bring him to Louisiana but he died a few days before this plan was finalized.
Inclusions for French Quarter Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Guided tour of the Cabildo Museum (Tuesday - Sunday)
- Beauregard-Keyes House (Mondays and Holidays)
- Local guide
Exclusions for French Quarter Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
In order to help avoid vehicular traffic in the French Quarter from, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point, just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.