Fresh From The Ocean: Tasmanian Seafood Gourmet Lunch Cruise - Hobart
OverviewDiscover the underwater culinary treasures of Tasmania on a full-day gourmet seafood cruise. Help your expert guide catch fish, lobster, abalone and other delicacies, then watch your meal prepared right on the boat. For out-of-towners, this is a great way to go fishing for fresh Bruny Island seafood with a local expert. And don't worry about portions: There will be plenty to eat on this small-group tour limited to 12 people.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Meet your two expert guides and travel companions at Franklin Wharf on Hobart’s historic waterfront. After a brief introduction and safety talk, step aboard the custom-built boat, equipped with a spacious enclosed cabin, comfortable leather seats, and large windows for excellent viewing.
Leave the city behind for a trip along the waterways of Hobart. Admire spectacular scenery as you glide down the Derwent River into the sheltered waters of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel around Bruny Island. Throughout the day, your guide shares extensive knowledge of the region, informed by years of experience in and around these waters.
Your first destination is a salmon farm where thousands of salmon are raised in large pens along the coast. There is an opportunity to taste the salmon, prepared on board three ways ultra-fresh sashimi-style, hot smoked and cold smoked. Continue on to an oyster farm where you will help your guide haul up a net of oysters. Slurp the succulent, salty oysters straight from the shell.
Cruise to a secluded bay where your boat drops anchor, take a look around at the pristine surroundings; enjoy the clear blue water, clean air, deserted beaches and beautiful bays. Here, your guide will jump into the water to hunt for ocean gems; abalone and sea urchins. If it seems like something you could do, think again: Licenses are required to catch these critters, and this tour is one of the only ways you'll get to see firsthand how it's done.
Back on board the boat watch as your guide prepares the ocean bounty that you have gathered. Try rock lobster prepared two ways, cooked and sashimi style, along with delicious seafood dishes cooked up on the spot. The meal is accompanied by a gourmet spread of fresh local breads, salads and artisan cheeses, and matched with premium wines, boutique beer, ciders and locally-made organic juices.
Inclusions for Fresh From The Ocean: Tasmanian Seafood Gourmet Lunch Cruise
- Local guide
- Beverages: Local wine, beer, cider and juice
Exclusions for Fresh From The Ocean: Tasmanian Seafood Gourmet Lunch Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A maximum of 10 people per tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.