Friends In Old Delhi Private Walking Tour
OverviewWhat could be more thrilling than roaming the hidden alleys and markets of the majestic Old Delhi with the companionship of a local friend? Enjoy a 4 to 5 hour private walking tour throughOld Delhi's famous locations to witness its life and culture. You will be taken through the city built by Shah Jahan when he decided to move his capital from Agra to Delhi. Experience local life, practices and beliefs. If you have an open mind and love to do new things, then do not hesitate. Join this walk with a local friend and have a complimentary meal at a local house at the end of the experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
You will be assisted by a local friend, who will meet you at the meeting point at 8:30 am.
Following that you will be taken to a local eatery where you can savor the traditional breakfast and sweets if you would like to. This is the time when you can sit and get to know more about each other and share. You could also try making dishes if you feel adventurous. You can try making traditional 'Chappati' (Flat bread made of wheat flour) or 'Puri' (Deep fried bread) with the help of your local friend.
At 9:15 am, Following breakfast, your local guide will take you to the alleys and streets of Old Delhi and present its life and culture. You will get to interact with local people and understand what it is to live like in Old Delhi.
Around 10:00 am, your local guide will also take you to the markets and shops where you can get an idea of life in Old Delhi. You can also ride the rickshaws which are the most common medium of transport there. You can try some local treats and realize how tasty they are. The person who is assisting you will explain everything in and around Old Delhi, spicing it up with local tall tales. Your local guide will also take you to places of worship where you can have a good experience to know more about religion and culture in Old Delhi. The places you visit include the Naya Jain Mandir / Shree Balaji Temple / Gori Shankar Temple / Gurudwara Sis Ganj depending on the the day (Some places remain closed on Sundays/Wednesdays). You can get blessings from the temple from the priest since we will help you interact with them. Roaming around the streets and visiting these places will take almost 1 hour 30 minutes but those moments are worth them.
At 11:30 am, you will be taken to Asias largest spice market to roam around. You can try some pickles and spices and also do some local shopping with the help of your local friend.
At 12:00 pm, after having a brief walk around the spice market, you will be taken to a local spot where you can enjoy a complimentary lunch. The entire activity will finish at 1:30 PM
Your local friend will take pictures for you.
Please note that you should not offend your local friend by offering tips.
Inclusions for Friends In Old Delhi Private Walking Tour
- Local tour guide
- Private walking tour
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast (Vegetarian: Poori-Sabji / Chole-Bature / Chole-Kulche / Roti-Sabji )
- Lunch ( Vegetarian - Full course Thali Meal with Rice, Bread and Vegetable Curries)
- Bottled Water
Exclusions for Friends In Old Delhi Private Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any personal Expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private cab For Taj mahal tour ( same day taj Mahal tour )
- The Agra Experience - Tajmahal,Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and Village Safari
- Private Full-Day City Tour of Agra & Fatehpur Sikri
- Private Full-Day Combo Tour of Old and New Delhi City With Entrance Fees
- Shekhawati tour manadawa, navalgarh etc by private car driver for 2 adult 1child
- Customize road trip of north india by private car and driver
- Overnight Agra Tour form Delhi
- Golden Triangle Tour Package - 3 Nights Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour