Friuli Venezia Giulia Wine And Culture Tour - Trieste
OverviewThe native grape varieties of the Karst Plateau between the Renaissance and the Great War periods. Take in the best of Friuli's Eastern Hills (Colli Orientali del Friuli) with a visit to Cividale, founded by Julius Caesar and the first capital of the Lombard Kingdom. Mixing in wine and culture experience and it will be an unforgettable day.
Know More about this tour
In the morning you will visit the Castelvecchio winery in Sagrado (Gorizia), immersed in the Karst Plateau with a breathtaking view over the Collio hills and the Friulian plains. Stage of violent battles during the Great War, it now includes a beautiful park named after the poet Ungaretti and the fascinating Renaissance Villa, which once hosted a war hospital, where graffiti done by the soldiers live together with the frescoes by the painting school inspired by Tiepolo. Complete your experience with a rich selection of salumi and cheese paired with local wines such as Malvasia in its dry and passito styles, and Terrano - free of sulfites and also offered in unusual sparkling style.
In the afternoon you enjoy a stroll in the medieval town of Cividale, crossing the Devils Bridge and visiting the Lombard Temple, and the mysterious cellar-like cavern Ipogeo Celtico (Celtic Hypogeum). At the end of the tour, Palladian style Villa de Puppi winery awaits you with a guided tasting of some other local wines like Ribolla Gialla (still and sparkling), Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso and a sparkling Chardonnay made using méthode champenoise.
Inclusions for Friuli Venezia Giulia Wine And Culture Tour
- the transport (incl. admission fees if any)
- a tour leader at your disposal
- insurance coverage
- 2 wine tastings
- lunch buffet
Exclusions for Friuli Venezia Giulia Wine And Culture Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.