From Chiang Mai: Home Industries Half Day Tour
OverviewSee the famous home industries of Sankhampaeng and experience how a souvenirs and handicrafts are being made. The Thai handicraft village displays of lacquer ware; teakwood carving and silverware making.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourAn opportunity to see the famous home industries of Sankhampaeng, where a variety of souvenirs and handicraft are being made. Chiang Mai is the main center for high quality handicrafts. In the area of Sankhampaeng, handicrafts are produced and visitors are always welcome to watch the production, and of course to purchase some of the goods.
You can watch the full steps of the production of the famous Thai Silk as well as of the colorful paper umbrellas. Skilled hands form the well-known celadon ceramics; other craftsmen transform teak wood with the help of simple tools into elegant furniture with delicate carvings. Also fascinating to watch is the production of lacquer ware, even eggshells are used to achieve unusual designs.
Silverware is on offer in such a great variety that even the most modest visitor will be tempted to buy some There are numerous other thriving industries with the community including cotton and traditional local products, antiques from Myanmar and more.
Inclusions for From Chiang Mai: Home Industries Half Day Tour
- Professional English speaking guide and driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Quality transportation)
- Porterage and entrance fees
Exclusions for From Chiang Mai: Home Industries Half Day Tour
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Program is subject to change due to local condition
Pick-up from Four Seasons Resort and Mandarin Oriental Dhara Devi will be extra charged
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private: Amazing Chiang Mai Local Tour Including Sticky Bao Tong Waterfalls and Karen Long Neck Village
- Private Half-Day Hmong Doi Pui Village and Doi Suthep from Chiang Mai
- Private Half-Day Chiang Mai Local Life Style Including Wiang Kum Kam
- Private Tour: Nature Trekking and Zip Lining from Chiang Mai Including Long Neck Tribe Village
- Half-Day Doi Suthep and Temples From Chiang Mai