From David To David: Piazza Signoria To Accademia Gallery Guided Tour - Florence
OverviewEnjoy a different way to fully appreciate the most iconic Michelangelo's masterpiece! From David to David is the ideal small group walking tour starting from Piazza della Signoria - where David stood for over 300 years - to the Accademia Gallery, where the gigantic statue was moved to in 1873. So many reasons involved to make this statue so relevant! Your guide will highlight aspects to bring to life all statues of both Piazza della Signoria and of the Accademia Gallery.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourEnjoy a small group tour focusing on Michelangelo's David and his non-complete Prisoners at the Accademia Gallery in Florence, starting from Piazza della Signoria to see the very spot where David stood in original for over three hundred years, at first alone and then surrounded by other memorable statues, sculpted by top Florentine artists.
Your guide will present Piazza della Signoria under a different perspective than the usual polical one, and one by one all splendid statues will be brought to life in their magnificent context, which during the 1500s transformed Piazza della Signoria into the most spectacular open-air museum of sculpture of Italy. Your tour will continue through the via Calzaioli and then the Cathedral Square underlining the presence along the way of other splendid Florentine buildings, i.e. Orsamichele and Giotto's bell-tower and St. John's Baptistery with Ghiberti's Gate of Paradise, seen as early public museums.
Upon your arrival to the Accademia Gallery, your admiration for Michelangelo's David and for his fantastic non complete Prisoners will certainly increase!
Inclusions for From David To David: Piazza Signoria To Accademia Gallery Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for From David To David: Piazza Signoria To Accademia Gallery Guided Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence
- Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class in the Chianti Countryside