From Sarajevo: Full-Day Lukomir Village Private Tour
OverviewStop at Bjelasnica ski resort and have the guide introduce you to the story of the XIV Winter Olympics Be amazed crossing over the mountains to the most isolated village in Bosnia Taste Bosnian coffee as a welcome to Lukomir View the other mountain, a deep Rakitnica Canyon that will leave you breathless Try the local food for lunch, all grown around the village, fresh and healthy Do not hesitate to take some water from local fountain with you
Know More about this tour
Lukomir is the highest settled village in Bosnia and Herzegovina and one of the main Bosnian tourist attractions.
Lukomir is located just 42 kilometers away from Sarajevo and represents the highest settled village in Bosnia and Herzegovina and one of the main Bosnian tourist attractions. The stone houses with wooden roofs and women still wearing traditional clothes are main characteristics of local life from April until December when the village is reachable. Settled at the height of 1,495 meters on the top of Bjelasnica Mountain, Lukomir has stayed out of human touch and represents the most traditional nomadic lifestyle.
Indeed, access to the village is impossible from the first snows in December until late April and sometimes even later, except by skis or on foot. Lukomir is known for its traditional attire and the women still wear the hand-knitted costumes that have been worn for centuries.
Domestic food such as pie, domestic donuts, traditional Bosnian coffee and admirable sightseeing are definitely the kind of experience you do not want to miss. Lets make one more experience together. From there, you can do some magnificent hiking in the area along the ridge of the Rakitnica Canyon, which drops 800 meters down below.
Inclusions for From Sarajevo: Full-Day Lukomir Village Private Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by private vehicle or minivan
Exclusions for From Sarajevo: Full-Day Lukomir Village Private Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.