Full-Day 4WD Tour To Lagoa Do Fogo And Lagoa Das Sete Cidades - Ponta Delgada
OverviewGo where the traditional tourist circuits will not, allowing a different view of these two volcanic complex classified as protected landscape.At the center of the island 947m above the sea level rises Pico da Barrosa, where throughout the route we can observe the diversity of the local fauna and flora. An enormous crater hides the glamorous Lagoa do Fogo at the top of the Fogo Volcano at 575m above sea level. The beauty of the scenery sharpens ours senses with the luxurious vegetation some endemic.Toward to the west side of the island with stops at dazzling locations that raise the spirit gathering happiness, go to the inside of the caldera of Sete Cidades Volcano, uncovering secrets and legends that Sete Cidades encloses.Spectacular landscapes that reveals the magnificence of what nature presents us, on a journey that will last in your memory.
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tour
This 4WD tour willl guide you around two of the most beautiful Lakes of So Miguel Island, Lagoa do Fogo and Lagoa das Sete Cidades.
The Fogo Volcanic Complex, with an area of 2182ha , features an abundance of species of endemic flora and secondary volcanism manifestations, that consists on fumaroles and hot springs.
Given to its location in altitude, it is the most natural area and with the less human intervention suffered. Because of its structure, it plays an extremely important role particularly in the replacement of underground water, regulation of the water cycle, biomass production, retention of sediments and nutrients and is therefore classified as Ramsar site.
On a 4WD vehicle departing from Ponta Delgada we will headto Pico da Barrosa, where at the top we encounter the beautiful Lagoa do Fogo.
Down the northwest flank of the Fogo volcano, find the natural monument of Caldeira Velha, a major Geosite, composed of fumaroles and thermal spring water. Secondary volcanism area with rocky hills covered by lush vegetation with a cascade of thermal hot water, where a thermal bath is recommended.
On the way towards the west part of the island, after a pause for lunch, head to the Volcanic Complex of Sete Cidades. With an area of 2173ha of protected landscape it is formed by a caldera with 5,3km in diameter. The landscape is dominated by the Sete Cidades Lake, separated by the "Rgos" bridge. Inside the Caldera find Lagoa de Santiago. Ride through the south rim of the volcano (when security conditions are guaranteed) in a land route where you can contemplate the stunning natural beauty.
Go down to the inside of this sleeping volcano where you will find the picturesque parish of Sete Cidades.
The course on/off road may vary according to climate conditions
Inclusions for Full-Day 4WD Tour To Lagoa Do Fogo And Lagoa Das Sete Cidades
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WDvehicle
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Driver/Certified nature guide
Exclusions for Full-Day 4WD Tour To Lagoa Do Fogo And Lagoa Das Sete Cidades
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If canceled due to extreme weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.