Full-Day Angkor Tour By Tuk Tuk From Sunrise - Siem Reap
OverviewA full day may not be enough to master the magnificence of Angkor. This architectural masterpiece was constructed in the 12th century and covers an area of about 210 hectares. We will enjoy exploring the many temple galleries with columns, libraries, pavilions, courtyards and ponds full of water reflecting these towering temples. To add that special touch, your means of transportation will be a local Tuk Tuk that will be waiting for you just before sunrise. Yes, a sunrise with the Angkor Wat at the background makes it all worthwhile waking up before even breakfast has been served.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Your own Tuk Tuk and guide wait for you in the early morning at your booked hotel in Siem Reap and head to the main gate of the Angkor temples and make your early morning stop to see the sunrise. Arguably the largest religious building in the world, with a volume of stone equaling that of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt; it is unlike all the other Khmer temples in that it faces west. Its symmetrical towers are stylized on the modern Cambodian flag. Conceived by Suryavarman II, Angkor Wat took an estimated 30 years to build.
Return back to your hotel for breakfast and we move back into the Angkor temples to admire some of the other amazing temple ruins that define Angkor and make it a proud member on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list. Via the South Gate, we visit Angkor Thom. The Great City of Angkor Thom is one of the central points within the whole Angkor Complex, which was probably more opulent than most European cities in the late 12th Century. This ten square kilometers city is enclosed by an eight-meter high wall and encircled by a hundred meter long moat said to have been inhabited by fierce crocodiles.
We continue to the Bayon and the Preah Khan Temple before lunch. The Bayon is a 12th century masterpiece lies at the very center of Angkor Thom City and is an archaeological wonder of symmetry and grandeur. The exterior gallery walls have extensive bas-reliefs but the main features are the towers each with 3 or 4 gently smiling faces, over 200 in total. Continue to Preah Khan, "The Sacred Sword", an extensive monastic complex covering over 56 hectares built by the Khmer King Jayavarman VII as a monastery and teaching complex.
After lunch, our Tuk Tuk takes us to the Ta Nei Temple and the Tao Keo temple near the Eastern Batay. Both lesser-known, yet as interesting as all the other temple ruins, both temples are of late 12th Century and constructed in stone. Both are located near the northwest corner of the East Baray.
We end our day with the Ta Phrom. The Ta Prohm was built in the late 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a shrine to his mother and is another must for anyone coming to Siem Reap. While clearing back the forest, it was decided to leave them in place to serve as a reminder of how the original discovers found it and other temples.
Our Tuk Tuk waits at the Eastern Gate and brings you back in comfort back to your hotel where you will arrive at around 18:00 hrs.
Inclusions for Full-Day Angkor Tour By Tuk Tuk From Sunrise
- Tours and transfer from and to your Siem Reap Hotel with driver and English speaking guide by tuk tuk
- 1 Day Angkor Pass
- Water and refreshing towel
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees included
Exclusions for Full-Day Angkor Tour By Tuk Tuk From Sunrise
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast, lunch and / or dinner), drinks and optional excursions
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Tips and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Pick-up time for sunrise is subject to seasonal time
To visit the Bakan tower of Angkor Wat temple, visitors are required to wear proper attire, covering shoulders and knees to show their culture respect, as this temple is still considered as a sacrificial site for the Khmer people (no short miniskirt nor short trousers). Children under twelve years old are restricted not to climb up the tower. The tower will be closed on the Buddhist Sabbath Days, the Buddhist religious days and four days a month in accordance with Lunar Calendar
The participants will have to sign a disclaimer form before taking the activity
Minimum age is 2 years
Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct name or the registration name (which is also the name of your hotel booking and hotel information),should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full Day Angkor Temples by Tuk Tuk
- Full Day Beng Mealea and Banteay Srei
- Full Day Angkor Temples by Bicycle
- Departure transfer to Siem Reap Airport with CIP Lounge Access
- Full Day Siem Reap Adventure Biking and Zip Lining
- Tour of Banteay Kdei and Ta Prohm Including Khmer Massage and Cultural Dinner Show
- FLASHBACK and RECOLLECTION TO CAMBODIA'S HISTORY
- Half Day Cambodian Landmine Museum