Full Day Angkor Wat Tour By Car - Siem Reap
OverviewTourists simply cannot say they've been to Siem Reap if they haven't visited its biggest claim to fame – the Angkor Temples. Built in the early 12th century, the Angkor is one of few UNESCO world heritage listed sites and Cambodia's most valuable monument. Angkor is breathtaking, to say the least, and Siem Reap owes its booming tourist numbers to this majestic site. With Angkor Wat standing as a reminder of such a grand past, it's no wonder that Siem Reap has picked up the pieces so diligently and drawn in the world once again. We have handpicked some of the most famous temples around Angkor, lifting just a tip of the veil of the grandeur of this amazing site.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up from your hotel in Siem Reap and then will head to the main gate of the Angkor temples
Your journey starts at the monumental magnificence of Angkor Thom, the last capital of the great Khmer Empire. You will visit the sprawling Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the enchanting Bayon. This 12th century masterpiece lies at the very center of Angkor Thom City and is an archaeological wonder of symmetry and grandeur. The exterior gallery walls have extensive bas-reliefs but the main features are the towers each with 3 or 4 gently smiling faces, with over 200 in total.
Part of the greater Bayon temple complex are lesser-known temples yet boast a very interesting story; the Phimeanakas Temple within the Royal Palace enclosure, Baphuon Temple, the Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King belong to the whole complex and are within easy walking distance of each other. Interwoven in the rich history, these only will add to the magical world called Angkor. Lunch at your leisure (own expense).
After lunch, we visit a favourite amongst visitors because it has become part of the jungle, Ta Prohm was built in the late 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a shrine to his mother and is another must for anyone coming to Siem Reap. While clearing back the forest, it was decided to leave them in place to serve as a reminder of how the original discovers found it and other temples. Many of the trees have grown around and through the remains, and soar high above the temple.
The rest of the afternoon is reserved for the Angkor Wat. Arguably the largest religious building in the world, with a volume of stone equalling that of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt; it is unlike all the other Khmer temples in that it faces west. Its symmetrical towers are stylized on the modern Cambodian flag. Conceived by Suryavarman II, Angkor Wat took an estimated 30 years to build. It is generally believed to have been a funeral temple for the king. Intricate bas-reliefs surround Angkor Wat on four sides. Each tells a story but the most celebrated of these is the Churning of the Sea of Milk, which is located on the east wing, the guide will explain the mystical tale...
You will be able to admire sunset from outside of this temple before going back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Full Day Angkor Wat Tour By Car
- English-speaking guide
- Water and refreshing towel
- Lunch (if option selected)
- 1 day Angkor Pass
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees included
- Hotel/port/airport/train station pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full Day Angkor Wat Tour By Car
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Pickup and drop-off services for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
To visit the Bakan tower of Angkor Wat temple, visitors are required to wear proper attire, covering shoulders and knees to show their culture respect, as this temple is still considered as a sacred site for the Khmer people (no short miniskirt nor short trousers);
Children under 12 years old are restricted not to climb up the tower
The tower will be closed on Buddhist Sabbath days, Buddhist religious days, and 4 days a month in accordance with the Lunar Calendar
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.