OverviewExperience a great adventure by the sea and the deserts of southern Peru. Our tour begins with a paseoa the Bay of Paracas 4 hours from Lima. From there you sail to the Ballestas Islands to appreciate the diverse marine life that inhabits them. Ballestas Islands are home to a large population of sea lions, birds and penguins. On the way we appreciate the enigmatic figure of the Candelabra, a large petroglyph carved in the sand and in relation to the Nazca lines. Then we go to Ica to visit the city, museums and wineries where we have a pisco tasting. The tour will end with the oasis of Huacachina. There you will enjoy an adventure trip in sandboxes or buggies in the desert cars.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour day trip starts with hotel pickup in Lima in the very early morning for the 4-hour journey to Paracas aboard the Southern Cross transport service cruise.
Arrive at El Chaco pier in Paracas, and head to the Ballestas Islands where you'll see the Candelabra, a great geoglifo (drawing on the earth) that looks like an old chandelier. Upon reaching the islands, you'll be greeted by tendrils, boobies, gulls, pelicans, chuitas, and other birds, and if you're lucky, you may spot a colony of Humboldt penguins. Sea lions should also be on display, and your guide will tell you about this favorite species of marine mammal.
After your visit to the Ballestas Islands, continue to the city of Ica. In the late morning, you'll head to Huacachina, surrounded by huge sand dunes, where you'll visit the monument to the Huacachina Mermaid and a craft center. Then get ready for a buggy ride in the desert.
Your day trip ends with a bus ride from Ica back to Lima, where you'll arrive at night.
Inclusions for Full-Day Ballestas Islands And Huacachina Including Sand Buggy From Lima
- All transport and activities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (only from hotels in the Lima city center)
- Boxed lunch
Exclusions for Full-Day Ballestas Islands And Huacachina Including Sand Buggy From Lima
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickup and drop-off at the Lima airport or the Callao port (requires an additional fee)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children aged 2 years and under
All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.