Full-Day Cairns Helicopter Tour: The Outback, Undara Lava Tubes, Waterfalls And Great Barrier ReefWrite a Review
Explore the many landscapes North Queensland has to offer on a full day helicopter tour from Cairns. Fly south from Cairns and between Queensland's two highest mountains, Mt Bartle Frere and Mt Bellenden Ker, before heading west up the Johnston River Gorge. Watch the landscape change from lush rainforest to the orange of the outback as you cross the Great Dividing Range and arrive at Undara Volcanic National Park. Take a guided tour, a journey back in time to Gondwana, where volcanos ruled this part of the land. See extinct craters and the incredible lava tubes that wind their way through the National Park. After your tour and lunch at Undara, fly further south to the stunning Blencoe Falls and Wallaman Falls, the tallest single drop waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere - a sight not to be missed from the air. Turning for home, your helicopter will track up the coast over Hinchinbrook Island before flying over Dunk, Frankland and Fitzroy Islands, and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourEnjoy a complimentary pick up from your accommodation in Cairns and be transferred to Cairns Airport. Your expert pilot will provide a safety briefing before take off.
Departing the airport your helicopter will track south of Cairns to Mt Bartle Frere and Mt Bellenden Ker, the highest mountains in Queensland, before heading west up the spectacular Johnston River Gorge. Enjoy the change in scenery from the coast and the lush tropical rainforest of the Great Dividing Range, to the orange and reds of the Queensland Outback as you arrive at the Undara Volcanic National Park.
Take a guided tour of the Undara Lava Tubes - the longest single lava flow in the world. See extinct volcanic craters and the incredible lava tubes that wind their way through the National Park. Learn the history of the lava tubes, how they were formed and how long ago the volcanos were active. Enjoy lunch at Undara Central before jumping back in the helicopter and heading south. Fly over the stunning Blenco Falls and Wallaman Falls - the tallest single drop waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere. A truely spectacular sight from the air.
Your pilot will then turn north for home, tracking up the coastline over the Great Barrier Reef and the rugged ridge lines of Hinchinbrook Island, Dunk Island, Frankland Island and Fitzroy Island. Once safely landed in Cairns you will be transferred back to you accommodation.
During the tour your experienced pilot will be in constant communication, pointing out significant landmarks and provide expert commentary.
Inclusions for Full-Day Cairns Helicopter Tour: The Outback, Undara Lava Tubes, Waterfalls And Great Barrier Reef
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches)
- National Park fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Helicopter tour
- Morning tea/Afternoon tea
- Light refreshments
- Landing and facility fees
- Airport taxes
Exclusions for Full-Day Cairns Helicopter Tour: The Outback, Undara Lava Tubes, Waterfalls And Great Barrier Reef
- Fuel, carbon and marine levy surcharge may apply. Payable direct to Heli Tours NQ
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Port Douglas. Can be arranged with the local operator at an additional cost
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 10% of that advised at booking may incur 100% cancellation fee.
Infant FOC provided they do not occupy a seat - seated on lap of full paying adult.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Cairns Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Cairns Sunset Cruise And Optional Dinner
- Tjapukai Indigenous Culture Experience And Palm Cove Day Trip From Cairns
- Herberton Historical Village Day Trip From Cairns Including Kuranda And Barron Falls
- Kuranda Rainforestation Nature Park
- Cairns To Sydney Hop-on Hop-off Travel Pass
- Small-Group Afternoon Cairns City Tour With Dinner Cruise
- Kuranda Guided Interpretive Rainforest Walk Including Refreshments
- Kuranda Day Trip From Cairns By Scenic Railway And Skyrail Including Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Behana Gorge Waterfalls Canyoning Tour From Cairns