Full Day Cairo City With Egyptian Museum Citadel Khan El Khalili
OverviewWhat's Unique: Seethe Egyptian Museum in Cairo, housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts and admirethe priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun in a 2 hour guided visit! Visit theCitadel of Salah el-Din,sitting atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo as the most important mosque in the city! Description & Program: Two hours guided tour around the richest museum worldwide, Drive about 20.00 minutes to reach the Citadel, which is one of the Landmarks of Cairo. It was constructed by Salah El Din in 1183 A.D. One and half hour will be spent to visit the different parts of the citadel including the Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali which is the highlight of the tour. 10 Minutes drive to the most famous Bazaars of Khan El Khalili at the Old Cairo where the client will be free for one hour to explore the area & to collect the Islamic & pharaonic gifts and his preferable brassware.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors a year. The highlight for most are the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore the museum at leisure.
The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used as a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. The lower part of the Mosque is clad inside and out with Alabaster, while the top part is constructed from the limestone cladding removed from the Pyramids of Giza.Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basics of the beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers.
Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish.
Inclusions for Full Day Cairo City With Egyptian Museum Citadel Khan El Khalili
- Private guiding and driving service, Pick up from and drop off to city center hotels, Land transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
Exclusions for Full Day Cairo City With Egyptian Museum Citadel Khan El Khalili
- Tips to the guide & driver (optional) Meals / beverage other than stated
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.