Full-Day Cappadocia Tour With Kaymakli Underground City And Traditional Villages
OverviewKaymakli underground city is built under the hill known as the Citadel of Kaymakli and was opened to visitors in 1964. The people of Kaymakli (Enegup in Greek) village have constructed their houses around nearly one hundred tunnels of the underground city. The inhabitants of the region still use the most convenient places in the tunnels as cellars, storage areas and stables, which they access through their courtyards. The Kaymakli Underground City has low, narrow and sloping passages. While the underground city consists of 8 floors below ground, only 4 of them are open to the public today, in which the spaces are organized around ventilation shafts.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourPick-up from your hotel in Cappadocia at 09:45am
Tour to Kaymakl Underground City, one of the most interesting underground settlements in Cappadocia. Drive to to Sahinefendi (Sobesos) - Sobessos is newly discovered (01 May 2002) mosaic houses & Archaeological excavation site.
Villages in the valleys, surrounded by the table top mountains, are spectacular. Continue with Keslik Monastery near Cemil, that hides its frescoes behind a very thin smoke layer which we can only see by torch light.
Visit to Mustafapaa (Sinasos), an old Greek town with its spectacular old Greek houses; very fine examples of late Greek settlements and architecture. Visit to Saruhan Caravanserai, a roadside inn where travellers could rest and recover from the days journey. Caravanserais supported the flow of commerce, information and people across a network of trade routes of Asia, North Africa and South-Eastern Europe on the legendary Silk Road and the Spice road.
Continue with panorama of the Red Valley, with its fabulous volcanic rock formations, is in the heart of Cappadocia but away from the tourist crowd.
Return to your hotel at around 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Full-Day Cappadocia Tour With Kaymakli Underground City And Traditional Villages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Full-Day Cappadocia Tour With Kaymakli Underground City And Traditional Villages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.