Full Day Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle Tour - Chiang Mai
OverviewVisit the famous Golden Triangle, where borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. The scenic vistas offer perfect photo opportunities. The area has a fascinating history for being one of the most prolific areas of production for opium! We will visit one of the traditional Opium Houses, situated on the bend of the Mekong River.Also, experience some of the most wonderful sights around the Chiang Rai area on this exciting, action packed tour! Visit Wat Chedi Luang and the ancient city of Chiang Saen; the capital of the Lanna kingdom until the 13th century. Visit Akha & Yao hill tribe village
Know More about this tourRise and shine because you have an early start to a long day You will be picked up from your hotels at 745 a.m. There isnt any waiting involved because you will directly be taken to your first destination for the day The Maekhajan Hot Springs. This is the perfect pace to enjoy a cup of hot coffee before the tour restarts. The hot springs are a delight and you can dip your feet in a few pools. Eggs boiled in the hot spring water are also a speciality
After spending some time here, you will head up to the stunning Wat Rong Khun also called The White Temple due do its dazzling white color inlaid with mirrored glass. It is a contemporary, unconventional, privately owned, art exhibit in the style of a Buddhist temple. The most important and well known areas in this temple are The Bridge of the Cycle of Rebirth and The Gate of Heaven. The entrance fee is low, and this temple is a must go to.
Up next is the golden triangle This off course is the speciality of the tour. This is the junction of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. This is interesting and you also get a chance to visit the house of opium From here you will have an option of boarding a boat along Mekong River to the Laos island of Don Sao. The tour will proceed to Mae Sai. This is the bordering town between Thailand and Myanmar. The border is bustling and all it takes is a bridge to go from one country to another After grabbing quick lunch, you will proceed to the Mai Sai market. Souvenirs will be aplenty and the view of Burma and Thailand together is wonderful indeed.
Following this experience you will move on to the Yaho hill and Akha Hill tribe This will be a once in a lifetime experience You will be welcomed with tribes in folk wear they will sell you beautiful handcrafted items. You can talk to the tribal members and will also be witness to traditional methods of embroidery and weaving.
We are sure that it would have been a tiring day, but for those of you who are still up for more there is an optional tour to the Karen Long Neck Island at additional charge. This is an exotic experience of meeting the Karen Tribe people. Best recognized for their elongated necks, the Karen women wear heavy brass rings around their necks, forearms, and shins. It is beautiful to witness how they have kept their traditions alive. This visit to say the least will be literally out of a national geographic magazine
You will return around 900 p.m. to your hotels. We assure you, the only thing youll want to do now is hit the bed, so keep the night free It would have been a hectic but satisfying day.
- We pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai and drive along a wildly route via Doi Saket through scenic hills, valleys and villages. We first stop at Mae Khachan Hot Spring. We then proceed to Chiang Rai province and visit Akha Yao hill tribe villages in Mae Chan area. Watch the tribal people who still dress up in their traditional costume as well as purchase some cheap crafts from them.
- Later continue to the ancient town of Chiang Saen, the capital of the kingdom until 13th century before King Meng Rai, the founder of Lanna Kingdom moved the
- capital to Chiang Rai. Visit Wat Chedi Luang which is almost 800 years old .
- Further drive along the Mekongs River Bank to the world renowned Golden Triangle, the mystery land of the past famous fr its drug trade.
- Enjoy a buffet lunch at the restaurant.
- Drive up a small hill to a scenic point at Wat Pu Kao for a picturesque view over the Mekong River and the meeting point of 3 different countries Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Then, take a short walk to the Opium Museum where you can learn interesting facts abut Opium.
- Drive back to Chiang Mai to be transferred to your hotel.
Roundtrip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
Transfer vehicle will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for passengers. Transfer once missed will not be provided again.
Maximum 2 Pax required for booking
Please carry a copy of your booking voucher to be presented to the tour guidedriver on the day of the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- From Chiang Mai: Home Industries Half Day Tour
- Private Full-Day Doi Inthanon National Park Chiang Mai Including 2-Hour Trekking and Lunch
- ATV Jungle Adventure from Chiang Mai
- Private: Amazing Chiang Mai Local Tour Including Sticky Bao Tong Waterfalls and Karen Long Neck Village
- Private Half-Day Hmong Doi Pui Village and Doi Suthep from Chiang Mai
- Private Half-Day Chiang Mai Local Life Style Including Wiang Kum Kam