Full-day Cultural Tour Of Takua Pa With Lunch - Khao Lak
OverviewExplore the town of Takua Pa and discover the difference between a Buddhist and a Chinese temple during this 7-hour tour. Enjoy dim sum for breakfast, a Thai set lunch, and local snacks during your tour. Join your guide and see the local village life with a trip to a school to see children singing hymns. You will also have a chance to offer food to the Buddhist monks of the town and pay respect to the victims of the 2004 tsunami disaster.
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel between 4:30am-5am to begin your unique opportunity to visit the town of Takua Pa and learn more about the Thai people and their way of living. Your first stop will be at a fresh food market where you will be able to buy food to offer to the Buddhist monks of Takua Pa. Follow your local guide through the old part of town and see houses that are nearly 200 years old and preserving the architecture of the time. Afterward, you will see learn about the differences between a Buddhist and Chinese temple.
There is a chance to see how cookies (moon cakes) are made at the local bakery and there will be several opportunities for you to sample local foods including dim sum for breakfast, a Thai set lunch, and snacks such as fried banana and roti (sweet bread pastry). Your trip includes seeing places damaged by the 2004 tsunami disaster where you may pay respect to those that lost their lives.
Your tour will conclude with return transportation to your Khao Lak hotel in the early afternoon.
Inclusions for Full-day Cultural Tour Of Takua Pa With Lunch
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Khao Lak area only).
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Dim sum breakfast
- Thai set lunch
- Food tasting (local snacks)
Exclusions for Full-day Cultural Tour Of Takua Pa With Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Purchases made to offer to monks (small amount approx 40-baht maximum)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child seats are on request only
A dress code is required to enter the temple: no dresses above the knee, no short pants or three-quarter pants, modest shirts, no see through garments, no sportswear, and no footwear are allowed inside the temple
A German-speaking guide is available on request, subject to availability
A small amount of walking is involved
Collapsible wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer and be able to step in and out of vehicle
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.