Full Day Cycling Tour: Houtong Cycling Route And Jiufen - Taipei
OverviewThe Rui-Ho cycling route was reconstructed from a aged railway track. There are 3 tunnels on the way to the Cat Village Houtong (Originally, Houtong was called Hou Dong which means monkey cave). It brings you a unexceptional cycling experience. You can observe caves along the riverside, and this route on the way to SanChaoLing. After the riding, you will enjoy your lunch at Village Houtong, and you can take some beautiful photos there. Don't be surprised. There are more than 200 cats in this area. After this cycling activity, your tour guide also drive you to Jiufen for the old street visiting.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at a designated location around 8:30am. Then head to Houtong Coal-Mine Ecological Park, where your cycling tour begins. As you ride through tunnels and past the Houtong railway station, your guide will tell you about the history of the trail. Stop at SanChaoLing, where you can explore caves along the river and see lots of birds, including egrets. Birds, insects, and the whistle of distant trains combine in a beautiful cacophony of sound, mesmerizing you for a moment before you head back on the trail.
Head further into SanChaoLing Village, where you can rest at the edge of the railway tunnel and watch painted trains speed past.
Next, bike to the Houtong Railway Station, passing through three tunnels on the way. Enjoy a local lunch like noodles or rice, which you can purchase at the station.Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while watching hundreds of cats climb along a sky bridge. Visit Cat Village, where you can learn about why these cats have congregated here.
After cycling, visit Jiufen, where you can walk the old streets and look for souvenirs, or trylocal snacks. You have about an hour on your own to enjoy the city, before you're transported back to your hotel in Taipei.
Inclusions for Full Day Cycling Tour: Houtong Cycling Route And Jiufen
- Meet point pickup/drop-off
- Cycling guide
- Entrance tickets
Exclusions for Full Day Cycling Tour: Houtong Cycling Route And Jiufen
- Food and Drink (unless specified)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for cycling
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Taipei Private Transfer: Hotel to Keelung Cruise Port
- Sun Moon Lake 1-Day Leisure Tour from Taipei
- Taipei in Motion: City Day Tour by Bike, Metro and Foot
- Private Taiwanese Cooking Class and Market Tour in Taipei
- Small Group Hiking Day Tour On Qixing Mountain from Taipei
- Small Group Sweet Potato Mama Project Tour in Taipei