Full-Day Dhaka Tour Including Lunch And Traditional Stage Performance
OverviewGet your Dhaka 101 on this small group tour that has it all, from ancient history to modern architecture, Bengali cuisine to Bengali theatre! Youll explore the old city, the waterfront, and the markets, and finish it all up watching a performance at the national theatre.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
This Total Dhaka Tour will cover all the city sites, from historic landmarks to modern architecture as well as a thrilling ride on a rickshaw, of course!
Well start off leading you into the old city, where well explore sites like the Kawran Bazar vegetable market, and along the Sadarghat waterfront. This bustling port is constantly buzzing with activity, as boats of all sizes ferry passengers and cargo along the Buriganga River. Well also pay a visit to Ahsan Manzil, also known as the Pink Palace, which was built in the 1800s as the residential palace of the Nawab family.
From there, well go explore Shankhari Bazar, one of the oldest areas of Old Town, and the site of many historic Hindu temples in fact, while Dhaka is primarily a Muslim city, this district has the highest concentrations of Hindus in all of Dhaka.
Well fuel up partway through our adventure with lunch at a local restaurant specializing in Chinese, Thai, Indian, and Bengali cuisines, before heading off to the Parliament building, also known as Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban and considered one of the worlds most significant examples of modern 20th-century architecture. The stunning building was designed by famed architect Louis Khan and is one of the largest legislative complexes in the world.
From there, well then visit Lalbag, a 17th-century Mughal fort thats said to be a monument to the unfulfilled dreams of a prince during that time. Well also see Dhakeshwari Temple, said to be the most important place of worship for Hindus in Bangladesh.
After all that exploring, youll then get to relax in none other than the national theatre. This theatre is known for its cultural performances of epic Bengali love stories, and were going to take in a traditional stage performance that shows off Bangladeshs culture and heritage. Most of the shows here are performed by professional drama troupes, so youre sure to see an excellent performance!
And of course, because you cant experience the City of Rickshaws without riding on three wheels, well ride a rickshaw through the city streets, giving you a true taste of local life in Dhaka!
Inclusions for Full-Day Dhaka Tour Including Lunch And Traditional Stage Performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local English-speaking guide
- Lunch and mineral water
- Entrance fees
- Theatre ticket
Exclusions for Full-Day Dhaka Tour Including Lunch And Traditional Stage Performance
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of personal nature
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dhaka is a conservative Muslim city; it is recommended that you dress modestly (no tank tops or short shorts). As this trip includes a visit to a mosque, men and women should both have a shirt with long sleeves.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
A maximum of 12 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.