Full Day DMZ Tour Including Lunch From Hue
OverviewThis full day tour of DMZ will give you a historical study about the war between Vietnam and USA in the years from 1954 to 1975. You will also explore this charming area with a rich forest and beautiful mountain range.The Geneva Conference on July 21, 1954, recognized the 17th parallel as a provisional military demarcation line and temporarily divided the country into two states; Communist North Vietnam and Free South Vietnam. Find out more on this fascinating trip.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourThe tour begins at 8am with pick up from your hotel in Hue. Our bus will take you to the Quang Tri province where you will visit several sites including; the Frame of a church and La Vang Holy Land. Our tour continues and you will visit the following famous sites; Dong Ha Town, a strategically important U.S. Marine Combat Base, an outpost to provide surveillance of troops movements across the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
Doc Mieu base, part of an elaborate electronic system (McNamaras wall) intended to prevent infiltration across the DMZ.
Hien Luong Bridge was known as the "Peace Bridge", a beam bridge built from steel by the French in 1950.
Ben Hai River, an important landmark in the partition of the country into a northern and a southern zone along the 17th parallel by the Geneva Accords of 1954.
Vinh Moc tunnels, a complex of tunnel system located deep in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone, it grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and space for healthcare.
We will stop for lunch close to the Vinh Moc tunnels and enjoy a local Vietnamese meal.
In the afternoon our tour continues with a visit to a Ethnic minority village where we understand more of their culture.
We are then back on the DNZ history trail with a visit to Dakrong bridge and the Dakrong river. Ho Chi Minh trail follows the river here and we learn more about this amazing logistical supply route through the war which ran from South to North Vietnam.
We then visit Rockpile a solitary karst rock outcrop, this was also known as Elliot Combat base which was an American longrange artillery area.
Our last visit of the day takes us to Khe Sanh combat base, a valley surrounded entirely by rolling mountains and forest, this was where one of the most controversial battles took place. We then head back to Hue in the late afternoon and drop you off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Full Day DMZ Tour Including Lunch From Hue
- Local guide
Exclusions for Full Day DMZ Tour Including Lunch From Hue
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.