OverviewThe countrys highest mountain Doi Inthanon is a magnificent place for those appreciating nature; from towering waterfalls, local villages to flowering rhododendrons, the mountain is worth visiting for a day as there are plenty of sights to admire.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tour
Regarded as the highest mountain in Thailand with 8,514 feet above sea level, Doi Inthanon offers beautiful scenery, evergreen forests, dwarf rhododendron groves and many types of habitat. The area is also popular for bird-watching; being home to nearly 400 bird species, many from North Asia, including mountain hawks and Eurasian woodcocks.
The tour starts with enjoying mountainous scenery on the way up to the National Park and preserved forest that runs all the way to the peak of the mountain and offers a very cool climate all year round. The Air Force Radar Station as well as King Inthawichayanon’s stupa is located, commemorating the last king of Chiang Mai. It is known that he was concerned about the importance of forests and wanted to preserve the forests for future generations. Being attached to the area that he asked that part of his ashes be kept here and still bear a special place for the local community that live around the mountain.Continue to visit Phra Mahathat Napha Methanidon and Phra Mahathat Naphaphon Phumisiri, twin pagodas were built to commemorate the fifth cycle birthdays of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit. Both pagodas share the similar bases as well as a two-level walking path that surrounds them. The pagodas enshrine Lord Buddha’s ashes and Buddha images, and overlook the magnificent scenery of Doi Inthanon. Then continue to visit Karen hill tribe village and the Royal Project, where lunch will be served. Enjoy a short walk to visit Wachirathan Waterfall before we head back to Chiang Mai. If time permits, we stop a local hill tribe village and a temple, containing holy relics in the small town of Chom Thong. We expect to be back at your hotel at around 5pm.
Inclusions for Full-Day Doi Inthanon Tour From Chiang Mai
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide
- Lunch at local restaurant
- All entrance fees
- All taxes and service fees included
Exclusions for Full-Day Doi Inthanon Tour From Chiang Mai
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals, drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Supplements for pickup/drop-off of customers from resorts outside Chiang Mai city
- Tips and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Recommended to bring a long-sleeved shirt or jacket with you during the low and rainy season as temperatures can drop on top of the mountain
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.