Full-Day Dougga & Bulla Regia Private Tour From Tunis
OverviewDougga is the pinnacle of the Roman presence in Tunisia and looks out majestically over the hills. What perhaps makes it so aesthetically pleasing is its geography perched on high, it is a picture of verdancy and her stone columns stand proudly against the green countryside. It occupies an unusual position for a Roman town because its origins date back well before the Romans, in fact, it was a Numidian stronghold and enjoyed great prosperity through Masinissa, its ruler.Bulla Regia is a remarkable Roman city, in northwestern Tunisia, near the modern city of Jendouba. It is celebrated for its semi-subterranean housing, a feature that most likely was a response to the need for protection against excessive heat in summer and the cold in winter. The experience of exploring complete, superbly preserved villas is quite incredible; Bulla Regia remains a unique Roman city in having two-storey dwellings with one floor underground.
Know More about this tour
Depart from your Tunis centrally located accommodation for Dougga and visit the pinnacle of the Roman presence in Tunisia. the visit to Dougga invariably begins with the Theatre, whose splendor is unchallenged by its nearness to the car park. Built-in 168 AD by one of the towns wealthier occupants, Marcus Quadratus, the Theatre can seat up to 3,500 people.
It is from here that you find the residential quarter, Temples, and extensive Licinian Baths, and there are some choice spots down here to photograph the Capitol.
Continue on to Bulla Regia where you will have the experience of exploring complete, superbly preserved villas is quite incredible; Bulla Regia remains a unique Roman city in having two-storey dwellings with one floor underground.
Enjoy lunch before concluding your tour with a return back to the hotel in Tunis.
Inclusions for Full-Day Dougga & Bulla Regia Private Tour From Tunis
- Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Tunis centrally located hotel
- Entrance Fees
- Transport by air-conditioned private car
Exclusions for Full-Day Dougga & Bulla Regia Private Tour From Tunis
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotel in other cities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Half-Day City Tour of Tunis
- Full-Day Tour to Zaghouan from Tunis
- Carthage and Sidi Bou Said Half-Day Guided Tour from Tunis
- Private Transfer From Tunis Carthage Airport to Sousse
- Dougga Guided Day Tour from Tunis
- Full-Day Tour to Carthage, Sidi Bou Said and Bardo Museum from Tunis
- Bardo Museum and Medina Guided Half-Day Tour in Tunis