Join this 9-hour guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Douro Valley. See the unique scenery sculpted by the Douro River and its tributaries where traditional landholders have produced wines for over 2,000 years. Admire panoramic views over the terraced vineyards. Visit the treasured monastery in Amarante and Baroque sanctuary in Lamego. Taste unique wines at a local farm in Regua and sip on an included glass of sparkling wine inside the Raposeira Caves. Hotel or port pickup is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourAfter pickup in a luxury vehicle at your hotel or the cruise port, head into the hills of the UNESCOlisted Douro region, where terraced vineyards line the banks of the picturesque Douro River. Listen to your guide as they provide you with detailed information about the history, culture and leisurely life of this beautiful area.
Upon arrival to the area, you'll stop in Amarante to visit one of the top attractions, the Sao Goncalo Monastery, named in honor of Goncalo de Amarante, a 12th-century saint. See the ornate pipe organ and the tomb of Sao Goncalo. Take a shot at preserved tradition while viewing the carved likeness of Sao Goncalo, where "if you pull the waist cord asking for three wishes, your wishes will be fulfilled."
Continue to Regua, where you'll visit the Sao Domingos Farm for a wine-tasting. Get insight into the diverse grape varietals thriving in the fertile soils. You'll have the opportunity to buy some bottles of these delicious wines while you're here.
Next, travel to Lamego. Explore this attractive town filled with Renaissance and Baroque mansions which sit between two hills. On one hill, you'll see the ruins of a 12th century castle; however, you'll head to the second hill, where you'll stop to visit the monumental Baroque Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora dos Remedios.
Finally, you'll drive to Raposeira Caves to relax and taste a delicious sparkling wine. Raposeira sparkling wines incorporate the intense character of the Beira-Douro region. They are a tribute to the unmistakable flavors of the land and the persistence of its people.
After the day of exploration and tastings in the Douro Valley, you'll return to your hotel, where the tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Full-Day Douro Valley Discovery Including Raposeira Caves And Wine Tasting
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
Exclusions for Full-Day Douro Valley Discovery Including Raposeira Caves And Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Wheelchair accessible. Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required in Special Requirements field
Transport is wheelchair accessible; however, be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.