Full-Day Essence Of Kotegede Tour From Yogyakarta By Becak Bicycle
OverviewSpend the morning exploring historical Kotagede on this full-day small group tour from Yogyakarta. Get up close with the local people as they go about their daily rituals. You can taste some of Yogyakartas traditional delicacies from the locally made Kembang Waru cakes to their famous Monggo chocolate. This tour will certainly satisfy your taste buds.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Bright and early, meet your driver at your hotel in Jogjakarta and make your way to Kotagede, a historic neighborhood in the greater Yogyakarta area. Meaning Big Town in the local language, your first stop here is at the House of Kotagede to meet your local guide. Your guide knows the area like the back of his hand and is your leader for the days becak adventure.
From the house of Kotagede, you will be driven along on a becak bicycle along with your guide to Kipo Production House for a first-hand look at how a special local delicacy is made. Famous in the region of Kotagede, these tasty cakes are filled with sweet coconut and have a palm sugar center. Learn how these treats are made and sample a few if youre feeling hungry.
From the Kipo factory, head onward to a nearby area that boasts a collection of beautiful homes built in the traditional Javanese style. This is a perfect place to learn more about the historic Javanese architecture which is a unique combination of Javanese-Hinduism and Muslim influences.
Grab your bike and head to another factory - but this time with an even more recognisable treat; chocolate! The first Belgian pralines factory in Jogja; Monggo chocolate factory is where you will learn about how this European treat is now a favorite in the city.
Make your last stop at Kembang Waru Cake Factory, where your tour visits a typical Javanese kitchen. A local family here shows you how they bake Kembang Waru Cakes and culminates with a tasting. Your tour ends back at the House of Kotagede where a well-deserved lunch is served before you are taken back to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Full-Day Essence Of Kotegede Tour From Yogyakarta By Becak Bicycle
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You will be shown the sights by becak bicycle
Exclusions for Full-Day Essence Of Kotegede Tour From Yogyakarta By Becak Bicycle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.