Full-Day Expedition To Uxmal And Ride In A Vintage Land Rover - MeridaWrite a Review
Become an authentic expeditionary in this exciting shared tour that combines culture with adventure. Visit what was once one of the most important cities of the Mayan civilization, Uxmal. After your visit, you can enjoy the surroundings your own way as the first explorers did: in a vintage, renewed Land Rover Defender. After a bit of exploring, you'll head back to The Lodge at Uxmal, where you can relax and enjoy some free time by the pool or grab some delicious food. After that free time, you'll be transported back to your hotel.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYou'll start the tour being picked up at your Merida hotel in a comfortable Mercedes Benz. You can enjoy the sightseeing or simply relax on the 1 hour trip to the archaeological site of Uxmal.
You will first arrive at one of Mayaland’s hotels, The Lodge at Uxmal, which is but a close walking distance to the archaeological sites of the Mayan civilization, Uxmal. You will begin your expedition alongside one of expert guides who will share their ample knowledge of the Mayan culture. During the next 2 hours, you will admire the site's most important structures such as the Magicians Pyramid, the Governors Palace, the Dove´s Temple and the Nuns Quadrangle, among others.
Now it’s time to expand your exploration, and you can’t do it any better way than in an expedition vehicle. For the next adrenaline-filled hour, you will be behind the steering wheel of an authentic four-wheel drive, stick shift Land Rover Defender, a true classic for any real explorer. You'll make your way over challenging but beautiful landscapes of Hacienda Uxmal and its plantations.
After your adventure, all explorers require well deserved rest. You'll head back to The Lodge at Uxmal, and you can choose to have a heartwarming meal, a refreshing swim in the pool or just have a drink and sit back before you head back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Full-Day Expedition To Uxmal And Ride In A Vintage Land Rover
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in a comfortable Mercedes Benz
- 1 hour self driven tour in a renewed vintage Land Rover Defender
- Fuel and insurance
- Knowledgeable, certified guided tour of the temples at Uxmal.
- Iced Bottled Water and soft drinks in expedition.
Exclusions for Full-Day Expedition To Uxmal And Ride In A Vintage Land Rover
- Entrance fees to Uxmal site (57.00 pesos (plus an additional 60 peso fee on behalf of CULTU))
- Lunch at The Lodge at Uxmal, adjacent to the temples
- Local activities
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 21 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems, pregnant woman or anyone with severe movements restraints or previous spinal injuries.
Driver must be capable to driving stick shift vehicles. A brief test drive and valid driver license may be required.
Please wear light, comfortable clothing & walking/hiking shoes. Bring your sunglasses, hat, bathing suit, biodegradable sunblock, and a camera.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.