Enjoy a grand tour of wider Auckland and its largest volcanoes, with spectacular views from the craters and summits of Mt Wellington, Mangere Mountain, One Tree Hill, Mt Eden, North Head, and Mt Victoria.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourYour day will begin with a pickup from the steps at at 148 Quay St (opposite Queens Wharf) at 9am.
You will be driven down the coastline along Tamaki Drive, past Auckland's popular beaches towards Achilles Point, where you will get a great view of the volcanoes of Rangitoto and Brown's Island.
You will then be driven to the four largest and youngest volcanoes in central Auckland: Mt Wellington, Mangere Mountain, One Tree Hill, and finally Mt Eden. You will walk around the craters of these volcanoes and enjoy the magnificent views from the summits.
At 1:30pm you will arrive back in the city for lunch before leaving again from 148 Quay St at 3pm.
Beginning the afternoon portion of the tour, you will cross the Harbour Bridge to Lake Pupuke, which is a gigantic volcanic explosion crater.
You will then be taken to O'Neil's Bay, where you will enjoy a short walk to see where lava flows have run through an ancient forest, creating unique tree molds. There is then an option of a 15-minute stroll along Takapuna Beach, where you will be picked up at the end.
Heading to North Head volcano, you will explore the tunnels and large gun emplacements. Finishing up at Mt Victoria volcano, enjoy the magnificent views of Auckland City from the opposite side of the harbour.
There is then the option to stay in Devonport for dinner and take the ferry back to Auckland City in your own time and expense, or be driven back across the Harbour Bridge to finish up at 148 Quay St before 7pm.
Inclusions for Full-Day Grand Auckland Volcanoes Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Full-Day Grand Auckland Volcanoes Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.