Full-day Gualaceo, Chordelg And Sigsig Craft Towns - Cuenca
OverviewSkilled artisans produce beautiful products here. Check out the exquisite textiles (hand-woven shawls and hand-embroidered clothing), jewelry made with unique techniques such as filigree, pottery, straw hats and much more...Highlights: Browse the famous artisan-crafted guitars of San Bartolome Check out Chordeleg's famous jewelry and ceramics Learn about the Hispanic shawl-making technique called "Ikat" in Gualaceo Walk through the colorful market in Gualaceo where you will see locals weaving hats on the streets
Know More about this tour
Next we will head to Chordeleg, famous for its silversmiths and jewelry shops that line the streets and main plaza. We will visit a workshop to observe an artisan making fabulous filigree creations out of silver and gold. Afterwards youll have time to shop around and check out the local jewelry and crafts. Youll also have a chance to watch artisans weaving 'Panama' hats and other items made of toquilla straw.
After your hotel pickup, a friendly guide will take you to visit Gualaceo and Chordeleg, two of the most charming villages surrounding Cuenca. These towns are well-known for their traditional handicrafts: macanas (shawls) made of alpaca wool, filigree jewelry, pottery, miniature ceramics, Panama hats, and more.
On the way, we will first stop at the small town of San Bartolome. Craftsmen here have been creating handmade guitars for generations. Well visit a local workshop to observe the process of making this instrument.
Our tour continues to Gualaceo to admire the vivid, bright colors of its market and the interesting clothing worn by the local women. Here you will learn about (and taste!) delicious, just-picked fruits that are grown only in Ecuador. Meat lovers should not miss the tasty roasted pig, a very typical dish of this area, although leave some space for lunch.
Next well have time for lunch in an area restaurant. Then our final stop will be at a local familys workshop where well see the process of weaving shawls and ponchos on antique looms, using dyes extracted from plants. At the end of this full-day tour outside of Cuenca, you will be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Full-day Gualaceo, Chordelg And Sigsig Craft Towns
- Licensed Tour Guide / Driver
- 2 course lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Full-day Gualaceo, Chordelg And Sigsig Craft Towns
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-day Ingapirca, Gualaceo & Chordeleg from Cuenca
- Cuenca City Half Day Tour
- Cajas National Park Day Trip Including Lunch
- Full-Day Tour to Cajas National Park with Small-Group
- Birdwatching Tour in Cajas National Park from Cuenca
- Private Tour to Cajas National Park Including Cloud Forest Hike
- Cuenca Arrival Transfer