Full-Day Guatapé (Pueblo De Zocalos) From Medellín
OverviewClimb the 742 steps to the top of the Piedra del Penol and visit the historical and charming pueblo of Guatape with the oldest and most trusted tour company in Medellin. This is the only tour company with service to Guatape listed on TripAdvisor and has received the 2016 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Professional tour guides accompany you throughout the day during this 10- to 12-hour tour. This is the one tour you do not want to miss during your visit to Medellin, Colombia.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
Depart from Medellin in the morning and make your first stop in a small town called Guarne, where you'll Antioquian hot chocolate or coffee and a traditional arepa with homemade farm cheese for breakfast.
From there, you'll proceed to a small town called Marinilla, where you'll spend 30 minutes visiting the town square and local historical sites. After that, you'll have another brief stop in the small town of Peol before arriving at one of the area's top attractions, Peol Rock (La Piedra del Peol).
There, you'll have the opportunity to climb more than 700 stairs to reach the top of this popular landmark and enjoy sweeping vistas of Guatape Lake and the surrounding mountains.
After lunch, your tour guide will lead you on an informative historical walk through the picturesque pueblo of Guatape, visiting Calle de los Recuerdos, Plaza de los Zocalos, Guatape Lake Boardwalk, and the town square and historic cathedral. There is also programmed into the tour free time in Guatape for the visitor to explore the city on their own if desired. Arrive back in Medellin between 6:00pm and 7:00pm depending on highway conditions.
Inclusions for Full-Day Guatapé (Pueblo De Zocalos) From Medellín
- Local taxes
- Continental breakfast
- Professional guide
- English translator upon request (must request directly with the office at time of the booking)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with seating for 40
- Travel Insurance
Exclusions for Full-Day Guatapé (Pueblo De Zocalos) From Medellín
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance to climb to the Piedra Peon is not included $18.000 COP
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions
Recommend comfortable clothes and shoes for walking; light jacket in the evening as it can cool off
There is no minimum number of clients required for booking. We have a programmed tour everyday.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.