Full-Day Guided Private Port Isaac, Padstow And Tintagel Tour From DevonWrite a Review
OverviewA luxury private guided one day tour visiting the best of North Cornwall Wander through bustling Padstow, fishing port and food haven, Port Isaac, setting of the BBC TV series Doc Martin and Tintagel, with its dramatic castle home of the legendary Kind Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourThis is a private tour for up to 7 people. You will be collected from your hotel or other accommodation for the trip to North Cornwall in a luxury Land Rover Discovery. The tour is available to all, but there are some steep hills to negotiate on foot, particularly at Port Isaac. Some elements of the Tintagel tour may not be suitable for all as the castle is only accessible by a narrow high Bridge, nevertheless there are many other sights to see.
You will be collected from your hotel at an agreed time for the drive to Padstow. This bustling fishing port as a great choice of shops in its narrow streets, a busy harbour where you can take a ride on a speedboat, and great views of the estuary and beaches from the headland walk. Celebrity Chef Rick Stein has a number of restaurants in the town, plus his own fish and chip shop. Make sure to taste the Chough's Bakery Cornish Pasty.
You will then take a short drive to Port Isaac. This tiny fishing village has found fame as 'Port Wenn' in the BBC TV series Doc Martin, and fans of the show will feel they know the village already. There is an excellent fish restaurant here, and it's also the home of Shanty singers the Fishermans Friends who mostly live and work in the Village. They often give free concerts on the slipway known as The Platt on a Friday evening but dates vary. You may be able to stay for a concert if the dates fit (at additional cost). The village is a delight to see in any event, but its a pretty stiff climb back up the hill.
You will then move up the dramatic coast to Tintagel, where a visit to the remains of the 800 year old castle is a must, and you can imagine being a Knight of King Arthurs Round Table... or perhaps being rescued by one! Spectacular is the only description for the coastal scenery in this area. If time allows you will move on to Boscastle a further charming coastal village and maybe time for a cream tea before returning to your hotel.
Inclusions for Full-Day Guided Private Port Isaac, Padstow And Tintagel Tour From Devon
- Entrance fees to Tintagel Castle or other as agreed.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Full-Day Guided Private Port Isaac, Padstow And Tintagel Tour From Devon
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please note Tintagel Castle involves a strenuous climb up steep and uneven steps. If customers would find this difficult, please advise and an alternative option will be offered
Not wheelchair accessible at Tintagel Castle, but other attractions are accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 7 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.