Full Day Guided Tour: Montserrat & Organic Winery Plus Lunch - Barcelona
OverviewExplore Montserrat mountain, one of the most spectacular natural parks and spiritual spots in Catalonia and enjoy a wine experience at an organic production winery. Head to Montserrat mountain by a comfortable coach to visit the virgin of Montserrat, which is about 50 kilometers/30 miles from Barcelona, walk amongst the stunning and unique peaks, enjoy magnificent views, and visit the museum, which boasts a huge collection of artistic masterpieces spanning from the 13th to 20th centuries. After your cultural visit head to a local restaurant to have a delicious three course meal comprised of regional products. Then round out your day with a visit to a neighboring biodynamic winery. On your winery tour you'll learn the tradition of making wine and cava and get to taste some most emblematic varietals. After the tour, we'll return to Barcelona and we'll drop you off where we started the tour in Plaza Catalunya.
Know More about this tourDeparture from Barcelona is at 8:30am in the heart of the city, Plaza Catalunya, and we'll head straight to Montserrat in a comfortable coach approximately an hour drive away. Once at the top, your guide will take you on a walking tour through the monastery explaining the geological formation of the mountain and the history of the virgin (Black Madonna).
We'll visit the church where you can attend a mass and enjoy the beautiful interior design, and see the unique chapels accompanied by guide. You'll also have the opportunity to visit the museum which houses one the most incredible collections of art in Catalonia complete with sculptures, drawings, and paintings. Here, you'll see pieces from Picasso, Dali, Caravaggio, Monet, Sisley, Renoir, Rusiñol, Pisarro to name a few. You'll enjoy the stunning views and the unique landscape of the area and then we'll have time to sample and purchase the well-known cheeses and honey from Montserrat in the market.
We'll continue on to a local restaurant where you'll have a marvelous three course meal taking pleasure in the exclusive gastronomy of the area, one of the most important appellations of origin in the world.
Next, we'll board the coach and you'll have an unforgettable experience in a small production family-owned winery where you'll learn all about the process of wine production from the vineyards to the table. With your guide you'll listen to a specialized enologist who will immerse you in this magical world of wine. You'll taste different local grape varieties like macabeu, xerel.lo and perellada amongst others from other countries.
After the tour, we will bring you back to Barcelona and we'll drop you back off in Plaza Catalunya where we started our wonderful day.
Inclusions for Full Day Guided Tour: Montserrat & Organic Winery Plus Lunch
- Full day Montserrat, regional restaurant and winery by a comfortable mini-coach
- Take a guided tour around the monastery and have time to explore on your own
- Have a local meal in a restaurant with products and drinks of the Penedès region
- Sample local wines and cava (Catalan champagne) during an expert-lead tasting
- Small groups to ensure a personalized experience
Exclusions for Full Day Guided Tour: Montserrat & Organic Winery Plus Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Talleres de Cocina Asitica
- Flamenco Show at Plaza de las Arenas in Barcelona
- Market to Table: Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Barcelona Romantic Sailing&Night Experience
- Casa Bacardi Sitges Admission Ticket
- Guided Tour at Barcelona's Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
- Guided Tour at Requesens Palace