Full Day Guided Tour: Three Wineries In A Day Plus Lunch - Barcelona
OverviewDiscover the beautiful countryside of Catalonia on a captivating wine tour where we take you through the vineyards in Penedes, a region widely acknowledged to be home to the most modern and innovative of Spanish growers. We will explore three of the most important family-owned wineries in the country and learn about the complex process of making wine and cava (Catalan champagne). At each cellar, a wine expert will explain their individual unique processes and educate us on how to recognize their different varieties and well get the privilege of tasting wines and cavas in each. In addition to the wineries, we will stop at lunchtime to have a three-course meal in a local restaurant - on us! This small group tour ensures a remarkable personalized experience.
Know More about this tour
The departure of the tour will be in central Barcelona at Plaza Catalunya in front of the Hard Rock Cafe. Here we will take comfortable transport to go to the Penedes region less than an hour from Barcelona. Long considered one of the country's best wine-producing regions, it is also one of the most ancient viticultural areas in Europe. A well-known appellation of origin, Penedes region has been producing wine since the Roman times and nowadays sells between the more than a hundred wineries more than 380 million bottles.
First, well go to a winery with signature wines on a property of 40 acres of organic farming where you can feel the influence of the essence of the Mediterranean. In fact, it was a mutatio (resting area) in the Roman times, being part of the Via Augusta. From the beginning of the 1300s until today it has been in the hands of the same family.
Second, well continue on to the first winery in the Penedes to produce ecological wine for the Danish market. From the beginning of the 1900s, the same family has been running the company, utilizing 100 percent of their fields for ecological production using 15 different varieties of grapes.
Then, well take a break and head to a local restaurant where youll have a marvelous three-course meal taking pleasure in the exclusive gastronomy of the area, one of the most important appellations of origin in the world, our treat!
Lastly, well visit a winery known for its high quality of products, especially its cava. From Bernardus Leopardi at the beginning of the 14th century, this winery has a lot of history. This winery, boasting ecological agriculture with beautiful views of Montserrat mountain, has some of the oldest vines around.
The tour ends here and we will bring you back to central Barcelona in Plaza Catalunya in front of the Hard Rock cafe, where we started our incredible day.
Inclusions for Full Day Guided Tour: Three Wineries In A Day Plus Lunch
- Three winery visits with tastings included, , , Emerge yourself in the exclusive world of wine and cava, ,
- Complimentary three-course lunch in a local restaurant, ,
- Explore vineyards that have been around for more than 2000 years, ,
- Professional guide, ,
- Comfortable transport
Exclusions for Full Day Guided Tour: Three Wineries In A Day Plus Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe