Full-Day Hike To Wanakauri Mountain From CuscoWrite a Review
OverviewThis tour is aday hike to the genesis mountain of the Inca culture, the place where they found their civilization at 4000 meters / 12 500 feet and the best look out of the city.
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
We leave your hotel at 8:00am, to travel for 20km south of the city of Cusco, on a trip that will take us to the pass of Punacancha, where the route starts. From that point on, well hike towards some granite rock formations which are part of the Sacred Mount Huanacaure.
Then, well keep on walking for another 45 minutes, along an ancient path, before we get to the Incan States first sacred temples built during the Inca Manco Qhapacs Government, in the 12th century. This is the place where the Incas Myths of Origin were born.
According to both myths, Manco Qhapac sank his massive gold scepter, in that place, pointing towards the valley, which would convert itself into the center of the Incan civilization and capital of the Tahuantinsuyu (Great Incan State).
We return to Cusco, before lunchtime, to go to the Central Market; a traditional market, where well have a better idea of daily life in Cusco.
Inclusions for Full-Day Hike To Wanakauri Mountain From Cusco
- Visit of the Wanacauri Inca site
- Visit a local market in the country side of Cusco
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Full-Day Hike To Wanakauri Mountain From Cusco
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hike clothes mandatory
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.