Full-Day Hiking To Rozhen Monastery And Melnik
OverviewTake an exciting journey to the Kordopulova house, the San Antonio church, walk through the pyramids of Melnik, see icons and frescoes of Rozhen Monastery and try the traditional Bulgarian "banica" pastry in a village house!
- Taste traditional Bulgarian Banica in a village house
- Hike through the Melnik sand pyramids
- Visit Rozhen Monastery, the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region
Know More about this tour
The tour starts from your hotel in Sofia with a professional guide with an A/C car.
Heading on the motorway and the first stop is Melnik. The smallest town in Bulgaria, Melnik, is nested in the south slopes of Pirin, among sand pyramids with queer forms. It is situated in the Sandanski Municipality, Blagoevgrad county, 175 km north from Sofia, and it is only 30 km from the borderline with Greece. The finds from the antiquity discovered upon the archaeological diggings testify for its centuries-old history. Melnik is declared a natural and architectural reserve, and it attracts thousands of tourists annually. The unique Bulgarian Wide Melnik Wine has a wonderful scents of ripe cherry, herbs and after conservation in the oak barrel hasearthy nuances of tobacco and leather. It is one of the attractions of the town and the region and attracts wine lovers from all over the world. You can taste it in the wineries and cellars in town.
After a stop for lunch in a typical Bulgarian style restaurant the tour continues with hikingto Rozhen monastery. It was recognized asa center of the ecclesiastic life in the region. It is the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region. The monastery is comparatively well preserved to the present day and every year it is visited by many tourists from various countries. The monastery holiday is on 8 September, when people from the whole region gather and participate in the annual celebrations.
Inclusions for Full-Day Hiking To Rozhen Monastery And Melnik
- Free pick-up and drop-off
- A/C car (for tours out of Sofia)
- Wi-Fi (for tours out of Sofia)
- Professional guiding service
- English-speaking licensed guide and driver
- Parking fees
- Visit a village house
- Transportation cost
- Traditional Bulgarian food
Exclusions for Full-Day Hiking To Rozhen Monastery And Melnik
- Personal expenses
- Museum’s entrance fees
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.