Full-Day Hobbiton Tour From Auckland
OverviewExplore the home of Bolbo Baggins and friends on this full-day Hobbiton tour from Auckland. Travel into Matamata with a guide and admire panoramic views over the rolling hillsides. During your 2-hour Hobbiton tour, explore sites made famous in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. Take in sites of interest including the home of Bilbo Baggins himself, and stop for a drink at the Green Dragon Inn. This full-day tour includes round-trip travel from Auckland.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Following a pickup between 9:30am and 10am (depending on your location) in Auckland, take a seat in your vehicle for the 2-hour journey to Matamata to begin your full-day tour. Along the way, stop at lookout point for a great photo opportunity over the scenic landscape.
On arrival at Matamata, stop for lunch (own expense), then join your 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton the lush landscape famous as the hobbits home in the popular movies The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
Explore Bilbo Baggins hobbit hole home and listen as your guide shares behind-the-scenes tales from Middle-earth. During a 15-minute visit to the Green Dragon Inn, enjoy an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink and imagine yourself on-set with your favourite stars from the trilogy.
When your guided tour comes to an end, browse the souvenir shop then return via a different route through the New Zealand countryside to your starting point in Auckland.
Inclusions for Full-Day Hobbiton Tour From Auckland
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entrance fees
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Full-Day Hobbiton Tour From Auckland
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.